Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Metal rattle on cold start.

I am just trying to see if anybody has had this same issue on their vehicle. 99.9 % of the time on cold start I will get a metal rattling sound coming from the engine bay. It goes away when the vehicle warms up most of the times. At times it does return when I come to a stop at a red light. A blip of the throttle will cure the sound at that time. Anybody else had this issue? I know what normal direct injection ticking is and that is not what this is. This sounds like a piece of metal rattling against another piece of metal. Any info would help.

Could be a dry start caused by the oil filter. What oil filter are you using? Sometimes the anti-drain back valves don't seal well.

OP
L
Thread Starter #3
It's the stock ford filter. It normally happens a few seconds after start up. And it stays rattling for a few minutes. I also had the hood up and it sounds likes its coming from the rear of the engine (between the firewall and engine ) and near the head. Not sure though cause I know that sounds can travel and sound like it's one thing, but be something completely different.