Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Milltek Sport Resonated Catback Installed: Photos + Sound Clips

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Hey guys, a couple days ago [MENTION=2071]Deanh[/MENTION] brought his oxwhite FiST into the shop to get his Milltek exhaust installed. Dean wanted a system that would yield greater flow than OEM and a SLIGHT increase in sound but would be only a little louder than OEM - and the resonated version of the Milltek Sport catback is just what you want if that's what you're after.

Hit the jump for all the photos and the quickie sound clip I managed to grab.

Fiesta ST Milltek Sport Resonated Exhaust Installed + COBB RMM: Dean?s KIWI ST

FocusMike

Any difference in performance between the resonated and non? Milltek's exhaust is 3" right?

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Nothing against that guy but you can barely hear it in that pull off video. I don't want a loud exhaust either by any means but if I'm going to pay that much I'd rather go with Cobbs. At least that has a good deep rumble.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Nothing against that guy but you can barely hear it in that pull off video. I don't want a loud exhaust either by any means but if I'm going to pay that much I'd rather go with Cobbs. At least that has a good deep rumble.
Different strokes for different folks. I have no problem with a stealthy exhaust system...especially when most FiST exhausts currently on the market are much louder than stock.

I feel the same. I'd like another sound clip after its settled in for a bit to be sure because I do like this exhaust. I don't want it as loud as the non resonated one but louder than this I think. But one clip isn't enough. Cobb and fswerks have the best sound so far IMO.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I feel the same. I'd like another sound clip after its settled in for a bit to be sure because I do like this exhaust. I don't want it as loud as the non resonated one but louder than this I think. But one clip isn't enough. Cobb and fswerks have the best sound so far IMO.
Exactly. The non resonated one is too loud, and this one is too quiet. For the price, you can save money with FSWerks or get Cobbs.

Different strokes for different folks. I have no problem with a stealthy exhaust system...especially when most FiST exhausts currently on the market are much louder than stock.
Totally agree, I just don't see the point of the resonated one personally. Especially for over $700.

It looks like a fairly large resonator too. If it were a little smaller maybe it would be just right?
I'd definitely need a very sound clip to be sure.

Not too much out there for the resonated in terms of clips. But I found this. Still very quiet.

[video=youtube_share;nMxYkP8YwhY]http://youtu.be/nMxYkP8YwhY[/video]

Young L

I think with a downpipe it would open the sound up more, but that was damn near quite enough to be stock

Hey guys, a couple days ago DeanH brought his oxwhite FiST into the shop to get his Milltek exhaust installed. Dean wanted a system that would yield greater flow than OEM and a SLIGHT increase in sound but would be only a little louder than OEM - and the resonated version of the Milltek Sport catback is just what you want if that's what you're after.

Hit the jump for all the photos and the quickie sound clip I managed to grab.

Fiesta ST Milltek Sport Resonated Exhaust Installed + COBB RMM: Dean?s KIWI ST
definitely feels sprightlier...also...last tank was 1.5 MPGs better.

Exactly. The non resonated one is too loud, and this one is too quiet. For the price, you can save money with FSWerks or get Cobbs.

Totally agree, I just don't see the point of the resonated one personally. Especially for over $700.
easy answer, I had a Thorley on my Fiesta SES beforehand...sound aplenty, but on long road trips got a little old ( like me ) and Im over drawing attention to myself with Foster can exhausts. As for $700, the photos do NOT do the workmanship justice, I don't mind spending a little more for obvious better quality....the exhaust is beautiful, and the tips are like works of art...I have yet to see ANY other brand with such attention to detail. The Milteks are common on Audis, it may be a reason they are more subdued...but I am COMPLETELY satisfied...and the gentlemen at Modbargins couldn't have been any more professional....

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
No offense man. To each their own. And the craftsmanship looks amazing. I had an audi and heard nothing but great things about their stuff. I'm glad you like it man!

no offence taken....happy as all get out its a TAD louder and a slight nastier note...next up downpipe...then maybe a flash....

definitely feels sprightlier...also...last tank was 1.5 MPGs better.
Congrats! Looks like a beauty!

Are you gonna spring for the matching, Milltek dp too? I think that actually one of the few dps that not compatible with the OEM cat-back. I'm interested in how the whole package works together.

Congrats! Looks like a beauty!

Are you gonna spring for the matching, Milltek dp too? I think that actually one of the few dps that not compatible with the OEM cat-back. I'm interested in how the whole package works together.
all depends on $...also, the Miltek apparently requires a Miltek dp AND a flash.............

all depends on $...also, the Miltek apparently requires a Miltek dp AND a flash.............
Haha that's why I asked..

It's $730 on the Mod Bargains website. Maybe they would cut you a deal after buying the cobb rmm and milltek cbe + installation. I'm interested in it because it's not designed for or limited by the oem cat-back.

Also, most dp's will require a flash to avoid a CEL or the torque limiting control of the ECU. An OTS cobb map or a custom tune would fix this.