Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Minimum Spacers for Whoosh BBK?

Magnetic

Hey Guys/Gals,

I need brakes and want to pull the trigger on the BBK.

Does anyone know what the minimum size spacers are for the Whoosh BBK on stock 17's?

Going to pick up the BBK & HR Wheels Spacers with extended studs but need the right size.

TIA!

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I'm running a different wheels size so not much help. I will tell you I have a 15mm h&r stud/spacer kit new on box if that's the size you settle on :)

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Hey Guys/Gals,

I need brakes and want to pull the trigger on the BBK.

Does anyone know what the minimum size spacers are for the Whoosh BBK on stock 17's?

Going to pick up the BBK & HR Wheels Spacers with extended studs but need the right size.

TIA!
most likely 3-5mm 3 mmm are harder to find 5mm is pretty common

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #4
If I can get one more confirmation on the 5MM spacers from someone I'd really appreciate it. Would love to get this kit on next week.

TIA!

If I can get one more confirmation on the 5MM spacers from someone I'd really appreciate it. Would love to get this kit on next week.

TIA!
Factory 17" is horrible for caliber clearance![thumbdown] Made a modified StopTech template for the 300mm Whosh BBK and the Ford factory rim spoke requires at least 22mm to clear. Physically test fitted 16" Dekagram with 5mm H&R spacer (3mm minimum if you custom-fab spacer).

When I had the Whoosh 300mm BBK on the car, I used 5mm H&R spacers with 17" 15-52 Podium Super-touring wheels and used 10mm H&R spacers with 17" TD 1.2 wheels.

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #6
Factory 17" is horrible for caliber clearance![thumbdown] Made a modified StopTech template for the 300mm Whosh BBK and the Ford factory rim spoke requires at least 22mm to clear. Physically test fitted 16" Dekagram with 5mm H&R spacer (3mm minimum if you custom-fab spacer).

When I had the Whoosh 300mm BBK on the car, I used 5mm H&R spacers with 17" 15-52 Podium Super-touring wheels and used 10mm H&R spacers with 17" TD 1.2 wheels.
That is correct unfortunately. I asked Ron and he mentioned for OEM 17's it's 20-25mm spacers. I would've totally gotten the kit but with the recently added coilovers and 1" drop they wont work. Especially needing maybe 25mm spacers. I was trying to buy wheels but couldn't find any I liked and the ones that were available were pretty much the same offset as stock.

My brakes are so bad now that I have to replace the fronts immediately. They have just enough bite to get me back to the mechanics shop out in Peoria which is 45+ mins from me. So I'm most likely going to go with the EBC kit.

PumaSpeed has a set of 17x8 wheels that might fit it but I would need to order them then wait who knows how long.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
That is correct unfortunately. I asked Ron and he mentioned for OEM 17's it's 20-25mm spacers. I would've totally gotten the kit but with the recently added coilovers and 1" drop they wont work. Especially needing maybe 25mm spacers. I was trying to buy wheels but couldn't find any I liked and the ones that were available were pretty much the same offset as stock.

My brakes are so bad now that I have to replace the fronts immediately. They have just enough bite to get me back to the mechanics shop out in Peoria which is 45+ mins from me. So I'm most likely going to go with the EBC kit.

PumaSpeed has a set of 17x8 wheels that might fit it but I would need to order them then wait who knows how long.
I will let you know how Rota Titans are soon. As I have the Whoosh 300mm setup it just needs to go on the car . I was trying to wear through my EBC Yellows before putting the Whoosh on. I am hoping they will clear with a 3-5mm spacer max. I can get universal 3 mm ones off Amazon.

Offset has nothing to do with brake clearance, some faces are more concave than others, and some have "taller disk" which is the mounting surface where the wheel mounts to the hub. Higher disk creates more distance between the back of the spokes, and the brakes.

Dekagrams , Hypergrams both require 5mm spacer, same with team dynamics race 1.2's. Stock wheels have flat spokes, and low disk, so they have almost no brake clearance, you'd need 20-30mm spacer.

... I'm most likely going to go with the EBC kit.
You are mistaken if you think you'll have an easier time finding wheels and spacers for the EBC BBK. The 300mm EBC BBK on my car now requires more caliper clearance than the 300mm whoosh BBK.

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #13
Speaking of BBK... does that have any impact on torque vectoring/handling?
You are mistaken if you think you'll have an easier time finding wheels and spacers for the EBC BBK. The 300mm EBC BBK on my car now requires more caliper clearance than the 300mm whoosh BBK.
The EBC kit only requires 15MM spacers. I inquired about this yesterday.

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #14
Are there ANY off the shelf wheels out there (not custom drilled/offset) which will clear the Whoosh BBKs without any spacers at all?
That's what I'd like to get. I really want 17 inch rims that are plug and play in gloss black. But I would want them in 17x8.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Are there ANY off the shelf wheels out there (not custom drilled/offset) which will clear the Whoosh BBKs without any spacers at all?
16x8 rpf1s don't need a spacer with the 300mm Whoosh kit. I didn't drive on it but it fits and turns fine. I am still running a 5mm spacer until I can measure in more detail.

H&R spacers has milled-in 63.4mm hub centric lip (German...did you expect less?). TD1.2 and Sparco FF1 are 63.4mm hub specific.