Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mishimoto doing R&D on a FoST. FiST in future?

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Just saw this post on Instagram a few hours ago. It is also on their Facebook.

I know people have made their universal intercooler work, but imagine a direct fit i/c or other parts designed for the fist!
I left them a comment saying I would be willing to bring my FiST in for r&d in the future. If they do r&d at their Delaware location I'm less than 2 hours away. Might send them an email sometime soon.

Any thoughts?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
That would be great. They have a plug and play OCC for the mustang. If the connectors are the same it would be very simple to make another kit for different hose length. They may also look at an oil cooler option as there is nothing readily available. All i say is ecoboost is quite similar accross the Ford brand so with a little tweak here and there it would open a huge vehicle base.

Chuckable

Just saw this post on Instagram a few hours ago. It is also on their Facebook.

I know people have made their universal intercooler work, but imagine a direct fit i/c or other parts designed for the fist!
I left them a comment saying I would be willing to bring my FiST in for r&d in the future. If they do r&d at their Delaware location I'm less than 2 hours away. Might send them an email sometime soon.

Any thoughts?
Very cool! But isn't that a FoST?

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Sent them an email yesterday inquiring about FiST part development. I'll update when/if I hear back.

Chuckable

I previously asked them about an upgraded radiator, and the answer I got back was that they had nothing in development and nothing planned. But maybe now they're going to focus on the EcoBoost engines . . .

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
I previously asked them about an upgraded radiator, and the answer I got back was that they had nothing in development and nothing planned. But maybe now they're going to focus on the EcoBoost engines . . .
They replied to me saying that they love the ecoboost motors and forwarded my info to the marketing team so if they ever do decide to develop parts for the FiST (I think they will) they will reach out to me.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
I wish they would. I have been trying to source rad cores to support the need but have come up empty handed!

Russ

I live 10 minutes from them and have been chatting back and forth with them for a couple of months about this. I knew the FoST was first, FiST is next. I'm going to try to convince them to not just do an intercooler, but a radiator for those of you that need one as well.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
What i would love to know is if the mustang pcv connectors are the same. I doubt but if they were it would be so easy to sell them wirh hosery for a catch can for fist and fost. Dont care about the bracket.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
I live 10 minutes from them and have been chatting back and forth with them for a couple of months about this. I knew the FoST was first, FiST is next. I'm going to try to convince them to not just do an intercooler, but a radiator for those of you that need one as well.
Awesome! The more people reach out to them the quicker this stuff will get done

Chuckable

Great! I would really like to see a radiator, and I imagine many more will too as more FiSTs get on the track with more boost. Catch can, intercooler, and maybe even oil cooler would all be useful as well.