Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mishimoto Fiesta ST Aluminum Radiator Pre-Sale

Trader history for mishimoto (0)

mishimoto1

Hey guys,

Many months ago we started a project to bring an efficient aluminum radiator to market for the ST community. After extensive R&D, we are finally prepared to launch a pre-sale for those who followed our progress. In the case that you missed all of the action, check out the thread below.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...-Cool!-Mishimoto-s-Fiesta-ST-Radiator-R-amp-D!

Check out the pre-sale details below and let me know if you have any specific questions!

Pre-Sale Link

Estimated Ship Date / Pre-Sale Expiration
2/26/2016

Includes
(1) Mishimoto Radiator
(1) Aluminum Fan Shroud
Mounting Hardware
Pre-Installed Rubber Trim Seal
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty

More images and information can be found on our product page!

Let us know if you have any questions about the radiator and fan shroud kit!

[URL="http://www.mishimoto.com/ford-fiesta-st-performance-aluminum-radiator-2014.html”]Pre-Sale Link[/URL]

Thanks!
-John

$500 for a 7 degree decrease? Hmmmm. I guess I was expecting more of a drop.

What is the amount of increase in cooling capacity? I.e., how much more water will the system hold?

This kind of seems like a "dont fix it if it ain't broke" scenario. Ill be using my OEM rad. untill it explodes lol. I personally dont see the value in this product. The Oil Catch Can is a different scenario completely though imho.

The track junkies who pay for track time, only to overheat quickly and have to limp around the track until the car cools off, are the ones who have pushed for this product. My question is: is this radiator enough? We all understand that these cars are systems. Maybe the radiator will be enough? Or maybe in conjunction with an oil cooler, and subsequently heat extraction out the hood?

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I will be placing my pre-order in January.
I cannot wait to pair this with a dhm crash bar and some RS hood vents. Hopefully that combo will solve my issues over heating at the track.

Thank you mishimoto for bringing this product to market for the people like me who track their cars.

Young L

does the factory radiator cap work or do you need to buy your aftermarket?

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #7
$500 for a 7 degree decrease? Hmmmm. I guess I was expecting more of a drop.

What is the amount of increase in cooling capacity? I.e., how much more water will the system hold?
Keep in mind this temperature drop was recorded in mild ambient temperatures during light load steady state cruising. Although this test does not directly reflect track driving, it provides a nice baseline for cooling efficiency with as few variables as possible. Our engineering team is very confident in the design of this product, from the free-flowing shroud to the thick and very dense radiator core. We anticipate significant temperature benefits in a track environment. Once the warm weather comes back around, we hope to collect some additional data.

Our radiator adds right around 1 qt. of additional fluid capacity.

Thanks for the interest and inquiries!

This kind of seems like a "dont fix it if it ain't broke" scenario. Ill be using my OEM rad. untill it explodes lol. I personally dont see the value in this product. The Oil Catch Can is a different scenario completely though imho.
The track junkies who pay for track time, only to overheat quickly and have to limp around the track until the car cools off, are the ones who have pushed for this product. My question is: is this radiator enough? We all understand that these cars are systems. Maybe the radiator will be enough? Or maybe in conjunction with an oil cooler, and subsequently heat extraction out the hood?
Thanks WhiteFords! You may not have any issues with the factory radiator during normal driving conditions. It is those who are tracking their ST that are running into overheating concerns. Limp mode is often triggered after very few laps, negatively impacting the track experience.

The improvements we built into our radiator will provide huge benefits in heat transfer. Our hope is that this product supports most, if not all, ST street and track vehicles. Combining a radiator upgrade along with an oil cooler is definitely an effective plan for reducing fluid temperatures during high stress environments. Once we conduct warm weather testing, we should be able to identify any limits (if any) to our radiator design.

I will be placing my pre-order in January.
I cannot wait to pair this with a dhm crash bar and some RS hood vents. Hopefully that combo will solve my issues over heating at the track.

Thank you mishimoto for bringing this product to market for the people like me who track their cars.
Thanks Perf!

does the factory radiator cap work or do you need to buy your aftermarket?
The factory radiator cap is located on the coolant expansion tank and will be retained. The stock unit is rated at 21 psi and should be sufficient in effectively raising the coolant boiling point.

-John

Young L

The factory radiator cap is located on the coolant expansion tank and will be retained. The stock unit is rated at 21 psi and should be sufficient in effectively raising the coolant boiling point.

-John

OH shit duh! been 3 months without the car and I am already forgetting things, lol.

Ford Community Posts