Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mishimoto Scam (What do you think?)

Trader history for mindmaster (0)

Mishimoto NIGHTMARE (What do you think?)

As probably the forum knows, I’m an overseas owner, specifically located in Latin America, far away from the states. That being said I would like to share my nightmare with Mishimoto Company.

One day, I decided to buy the induction Hose for my ST. At the begging I was excited, waiting for my aftermarket induction hose. I regularly use my logistic company which received the package in Miami, and later they send me the box to my home with a fee of $22 to $25 USD.

Purchase #1: Didn’t work.

I pay it for the item, and the item didn’t work since my Fiesta ST has 2 hoses (2017). I start the warranty process and they decided to replace the part with a compatible one, but they said that they will send it to Miami. I paid it once again and I received the exact induction hose that doesn’t work. (I share the forum image of the induction hose with two connections 2017+ models). Another $25 to the balance.

Replacement part #1: Didn’t work.

Once again I contact them, they decided to send me the part to my country, but when the delivery guy (USPS) knock my door, request me $125 USD to deliver the package.

Replacement part #2: (I don’t know what they have done with that USPS shipment)

For that mistake they offer 15% off and a new part.

Once again I contact them, they said they will send the correct induction hose, and they send it for free through UPS, and guess what? today I received the exact same induction hose that doesn’t work!!!

Replacement part #3: Didn’t work.

Now, in my house I have 3 induction hoses, that doesn’t work and I waste my money!!!

I’m contacting them once again, to see what they can do.

¿What do you think guys I should do?

Last edited:

DangerMouse

OP
mindmaster
Thread Starter #3
Mishimoto Support has replied with a new induction hose for 2016+ model.

DangerMouse

It's going to be the same as what you already have. Unless they are sending you their evap line fix kit which has been proven unreliable.

No company makes an intake hose with two evap line ports on it like the factory hose.

You need to revert to the 2014-2015 evap lines or Whoosh Motorsports makes a decent fix kit but some cars will still get a check engine light with it.

This car can be stubborn.

redmoe

It's going to be the same as what you already have. Unless they are sending you their evap line fix kit which has been proven unreliable.

No company makes an intake hose with two evap line ports on it like the factory hose.

You need to revert to the 2014-2015 evap lines or Whoosh Motorsports makes a decent fix kit but some cars will still get a check engine light with it.

This car can be stubborn.
To build on this they are the same hose for 2014+ but for 2016+ they add a kit to address the updated evap lines. This kit/fix has been the subject of much discontent as most folks seem to still get faults codes with it.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Sounds like to me that unfortunately their customer service people just don't know that the '16+ FiSt needs a specific kit or the evap lines from '14-'15 for that intake to work right... I think it's unintentional, just unfortunately poor customer service knowledge in this case, listen to the other guys on how to resolve... But this is why I'm just doing a drop in and eventually Big Mouth snorkel for my intake until it becomes an actual bottleneck after other mods. Personally, it's just not worth the hassle and possible CEL even with adapters for me anyway.

Hey guys,

I wanted to start of by apologizing for any lack of communication regarding the issues with the Fiesta ST intakes. We have recently made some organizational changes that should improve our overall processes and get these situations ironed out much quicker.
I have personally confirmed with our warehousing team that the new adapters are being included on the MMHOSE-FIST-16IH kits being shipped out from our location. This will prevent you from having to install a '14-'15 evap-line.

We have the adapter installed on our donor vehicle which has been daily driven well over our standard 1,000 mile testing with no signs of a CEL.

If you are experiencing any issues with your induction hose or intake and need this adapter, please reach out to Support@Mishimoto.com so our team can assist!

-Justin