Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mishimoto's Fiesta ST Baffled Oil Catch Can Pre-Sale!

Trader history for mishimoto (0)

mishimoto1

The wait is over! Check out the details below...

Pre-Sale Link!!

Mishimoto Ford Fiesta ST Baffled Oil Catch Can, PCV side, 2014+

Pre-Sale Price: $174.95
MSRP: $260.00

Pre-Sale Expiration Date: September 1st
Estimated Ship Date: September 4th

Product Specs:

? Single can mounting inline with the PCV system separates oil particles using 50 micron bronze filter
? Silicone hoses include pre-attached stock-style quick disconnect fittings for plug & play install
? Offered with black, blue, or red silicone hoses that come pre-molded for a reliable install
? Application specific bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location in the front of the engine bay
? Billet 6061 aluminum sealed can
? Defends intercooler, intake system, and essential components from oil blow-by
? Reduces carbon build-up on the intake valves
? Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
? Filter and can are fully serviceable
? Internal air diverter turbulates air longer to improve oil separation
? Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty

Product R&D:
http://engineering.mishimoto.com/?cat=307

Tech Specs:

Pre-Sale Link!!

Feel free to follow up with any questions regarding this kit!

Thanks
-Sara

About time a good catch can is on the market! Everytime we do intercooler installs here we see a LOT of oil come out, so make sure you guys go with a catch can before it starts gunking up your motor!

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #4
what's the can's volume?
We are utilizing our 2oz can which may not seem like much but based on initial data we think it should be sufficient. We are going to continue testing as we put more miles on the FiST and let you know what we find.

About time a good catch can is on the market! Everytime we do intercooler installs here we see a LOT of oil come out, so make sure you guys go with a catch can before it starts gunking up your motor!
Thanks for the support guys! We agree this is a really smart mod.
-Sara

Ordering tomorrow! So if I choice the red option just the hoses will be red correct? Becuase that's what I want ????

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #7
How long will the pre-sale be for?
The pre-sale will continue to the product ship date which at this time is estimated to be late august. I will make sure to update this information as it comes in to keep you guys in the loop.

Ordering tomorrow! So if I choice the red option just the hoses will be red correct? Becuase that's what I want ????
You got it! The catch can is only available in anodized black, but our silicone hoses come in red, black, or blue. Thanks in advance for your order!
-Sara

Just placed the order with black hoses and the Drain kit.... I'm stage 3 right now so I can't wait to get this in.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #9
Just placed the order with black hoses and the Drain kit.... I'm stage 3 right now so I can't wait to get this in.
Thanks for the order! Let us know how you like it when you get it installed!
-Sara

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #10
Update!

Some more installed shots are up on the original post, check them out! Also head over to our R&D Thread HERE to see even more and let us know what you think!

Thanks!
-Sara

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #11
Update!

We are nearing the end of the Pre-Sale!!! We are waiting on the catch can kits to arrive at our warehouse so they can be inspected and shipped out to you! Next week (August 24th- 28th) will be the last week that Pre-Sale pricing is available. So if you have not ordered yet, next week is the time to do so in order to take advantage of our discount. We still have an estimated shipping window of the following week (August 31st - September 4th).

Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you very much for your patience through this development process!
-Sara

Just to be sure, these have the quick disconnect fittings to mount to the intake included, right? (making sure I'm reading the description right on the site) I wanted to be able to revert back to stock if the need/desire ever arose (i.e. I get lazy about emptying the can). Boomba's OCC requires the stock hose to be cut which I'm not a fan of.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #13
Great question! Included in this kit are quick disconnect fittings that will clip directly to the factory connections. These are oem style fittings (but we like to think they work even better than stock) that are pre-attached to our hoses. There is no cutting of the stock hoses required, simply disconnect the factory fittings and ours will connect in their place. With this setup you will be able to revert back to stock if necessary fairly quickly.
Let me know if you have any other questions!
-Sara

Sara, could you expound on the drain kit? I want to see if its worth $45 or just better off unthreading the can for removal.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #16
Update!

Here is a shot of the assembled kit in black!

You can take a look at the rest of our product photos HERE

Also check out our installation video!

[video=youtube;ydGLEcSR-3k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydGLEcSR-3k"][/video]

Let me know if you have any questions!
-Sara

Etyrnus

Update!

Here is a shot of the assembled kit in black!

You can take a look at the rest of our product photos HERE

Also check out our installation video!

[video=youtube;ydGLEcSR-3k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydGLEcSR-3k"][/video]

Let me know if you have any questions!
-Sara
Gah! Teasing us with this! Looking forward to getting it!

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #18
Sara, could you expound on the drain kit? I want to see if its worth $45 or just better off unthreading the can for removal.
Sure! The drain kit is not necessary for the use of the catch can, it is an addition to the kit to make draining even more simple than it already is. The drain kit comes with a 3/8? NPT to 3/8? hose barb black nylon fitting, which replaces the current plug fitting in your catch can bottom. The drain kit also comes with 6? of black rubber hose that allows you to easily splice the black nylon ball valve into the hose wherever works best for your Fiesta. It comes down to personal preference whether you prefer to just release a valve to empty your catch can, or whether you enjoy the simplicity of unscrewing the bottom of the can to dispose of the contents.
Let me know if you need any additional information!
-Sara

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #20
Yay! Does Mishimoto have any tips for quick removal and emptying of this unit?
Emptying the contents is as simple as unscrewing the bottom of the can! It comes apart for ease of maintenance so that you can visually see how much blow-by our can has trapped!
-Sara