Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Monster Tuned Adapt-X tax return sale 22% with code "2022"

Trader history for pwnall1337 (0)

pwnall1337

Vendor
Save 22% on Adapt-X tunes for all platforms until 4/5/2022 by entering coupon code "2022" on checkout.

Our Adapt-X line of calibrations are essentially an improved version of the OEM Ford calibration. We start from the OEM stock map and increase the vehicles ability to target higher engine loads/torque at wide open throttle. The result is a calibration that maintains 100% stock OEM feel and reliability, but maximum power that the car is capable of at wide open throttle. Despite being significantly safer than competitor maps, our calibration allows for maximum power possible, and typically outperforms competitor calibrations.

https://monstertuned.com

1642296864120.png

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I've been really happy with mine, I did a longer comparison between all the tunes I've bought here, though as the adapt-x tune learned it's gotten even better https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/flash-tune-favorite.27505/

I will say though, the longer I've had it, the stronger it feels. It also reacts very quickly when I throw a gallon or so of e85 in with my 91 octane, after a stint on the freeway the car is noticeably stronger. The tune doesn't have artificially inflated throttle response like the stratified tunes tend to... it just feels like the stock tune, but stronger - in a good way (except for tire life lol, the way it breaks traction in first and second is so smooth and progressive I don't realize I'm spinning most of the time).

Post sales support was great, I've received a few tune updates to resolve or adjust things that I wasn't even aware of.

The initial "learning" process is kinda annoying if you live somewhere with constant traffic :p

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am probably going to go with this one as well, especially if it 'learns' well enough that it is a 'set it and forget it' type tune.

I cannot be bothered with all of the back and forth revision BS of other tunes (I mean it is a FACTORY snail/system after all), and since I am NOT nearly as discontented as all others (it seems) with the factory tune's performance, this should be more than strong enough for me, especially given the built-in safety and reliability of this tune. [wink]

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I am probably going to go with this one as well, especially if it 'learns' well enough that it is a 'set it and forget it' type tune.

I cannot be bothered with all of the back and forth revision BS of other tunes (I mean it is a FACTORY snail/system after all), and since I am NOT nearly as discontented as all others (it seems) with the factory tune's performance, this should be more than strong enough for me, especially given the built-in safety and reliability of this tune. [wink]
Yeah it's nice to not have to do the back and forth. The stratified OTS stage 2 tune I had treated the throttle like an on/off switch, the Dizzy smoothed it out a lot - but after finally learning on the adapt-x, it feels just like stock... but "more".

I like that, when I have the opportunity, I can throw a gallon or two of e85 into the tank with the rest 91 and go for a short trip on the freeway and the car learns it, and gives you more beef, then after filling up with plain 91 again it calms back down.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #7
Really appreciate the feedback guys. It took me about a year to develop the Adapt-X calibration for the Fiesta ST. Adapt-X was available for the Focus for about 2 years now and it's one of the most popular tunes over at the focus st forum. I don't have much if any presence on facebook as I just avoid the community as it's not the best.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Really appreciate the feedback guys. It took me about a year to develop the Adapt-X calibration for the Fiesta ST. Adapt-X was available for the Focus for about 2 years now and it's one of the most popular tunes over at the focus st forum. I don't have much if any presence on facebook as I just avoid the community as it's not the best.
Now if you could figure out an adapt-x tune that would give me just one single "pop" on hard upshifts I'd be thrilled :p
But, because of how the fueling works I don't think that's really possible, you can either have no pops or absurd levels of artificial sounding ones.. I don't know how fiat did it with the abarth, but that single pop on every up and every down shift was awesome :)

have a rad day

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #9
T
Now if you could figure out an adapt-x tune that would give me just one single "pop" on hard upshifts I'd be thrilled :p
But, because of how the fueling works I don't think that's really possible, you can either have no pops or absurd levels of artificial sounding ones.. I don't know how fiat did it with the abarth, but that single pop on every up and every down shift was awesome :)

have a rad day
The pops are just retarded ignition on the spark torque reduction table in low load areas. I have given people pop maps before, but it reduces reliability long term so I no longer offer them.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
T

The pops are just retarded ignition on the spark torque reduction table in low load areas. I have given people pop maps before, but it reduces reliability long term so I no longer offer them.
heh yeah they're super immature - the car tuning equivalent of laughing at a fart ;)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
On the full factory tune, and only a GFB diverter valve and a CP-E Nexus 3" exhaust system, mine will give a single medium loud pop when going WOT and just hitting/touching whatever the rev limiter does (fuel cut??, spark cut?? waste gate opening? [dunno]).

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #12
On the full factory tune, and only a GFB diverter valve and a CP-E Nexus 3" exhaust system, mine will give a single medium loud pop when going WOT and just hitting/touching whatever the rev limiter does (fuel cut??, spark cut?? waste gate opening? [dunno]).
The pop is just left over fuel from the injector cut delay, they were always there you just didn't hear them until changed out the exhaust.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #14
Just to clarify. Is this with the OEM WGA or could I use a 11/14psi Turbosmart WGA?
Stock turbo, stock wastegate, stock fuel system components only.

I typically don't recommend aftermarket wastegates, boost falls off because the turbine side is running out of flow which increases exhaust gas reversion and heat what's almost not really worth it in regards to pressure increase on the compressor. You're better off with a gfb dv+ to replace the leaky bpv, see plenty of cars with lower than normal boost becsuse of the OEM dv leaking.

Last edited:
Purchased a tune personally, sounds excellent on paper. Plus the discount was great obviously. Nothing to report on yet as I'm waiting for spark plugs to come in. I can say the communication and instructions immediately post purchase have been super detailed and clear.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Purchased a tune personally, sounds excellent on paper. Plus the discount was great obviously. Nothing to report on yet as I'm waiting for spark plugs to come in. I can say the communication and instructions immediately post purchase have been super detailed and clear.
Congrats! Don't do anything weird for the learning process, fill up with the gas you would *normally* use, not better gas than usual or an e85 mix or anything. Do that later ;)

I have the adapt x and e30 tune. I have ran with the e30 tune for maybe 4+ months as e85 is close and easy. I had the og tune version when it first came out which had minimal engine corrections reading from cylinder 1 and 4. He sent out a updated version which I just uploaded (the e30) a few weeks ago and I have yet to see any negative corrections like 0 which I think is impressive. I have not yet tried the updated adapt x tune because the e30 is so much fun but I'm sure it's just as good. Peak boost on the e30 tune is hitting around 25psi and pulls like a train. I had the 91 stratified tune before and it seems anemic compared to the e30 monster tune. I'm happy with it for now but I may upgrade to the whoosh turbo eventually. Monster have you done any tunes for the whoosh turbo yet? Or would I have to go with another vendor?