Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Monte Carlo Rallye win #2 for Fiesta WRC!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
CONGRATS to Seb Ogier and Julien Ingrassia for winning their 5th overall Monte Carlo WRC round in a row, and their second in a row for MS-RT in the Fiesta WRC! [driving]

I AM getting worried that Ott Tanak will be a 'problem' for Ogier this year, with the Nippon Giant dumping Camry/Corolla profit billion$$ into their team's WRC program, and a "win at ALL cost$" attitude (which for THEM, sometimes even includes sneakily engineered cheating).

It is a SHAME that Malcolm Wilson could not retain Tanak as an MS-RT driver for this year again, but TOYota probably outbid his contract by 10x or more to drive their Yaris WRC. [mad]

Fellow Fiesta WRC crew Elfyn Evans and Danny Barritt most likely would have been on the podium in third if they had not had a time costly puncture on the very first stage of the event on Thursday night. [sad]

Still, leading the WRC driver, co-driver, and manufacturers' championships against the well over-funded competition is no mean feat. [thumb] [raceflag]

M-sport is such an underdog in this championship. They do great things with so little money. This year should be better for them as the cars get more and more reliable. Cant wait for next rally.

Do you have wrc+ subscription? I used to but cancelled it. Wonder if its any better then last year.

OP
M-Sport fan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
M-sport is such an underdog in this championship. They do great things with so little money. This year should be better for them as the cars get more and more reliable. Cant wait for next rally.

Do you have wrc+ subscription? I used to but cancelled it. Wonder if its any better then last year.
I'm on a pretty fixed income, and what little extra I can save, I put towards future mods, so no.
It looks interesting, but I just use the free Red Bull TV updates/reports, which do a great job of coverage, and they even have M.Wilson's son as a pre-stage commentator, so sometimes we even get some 'inside info' on the team. [grinking]

I wish that MS-RT/Performance Clothing would release the Red Bull livery clothing already (especially the flex-fit hats that Ogier and Evans wear!).
Maybe even some championship labeled stuff, and championship winning stickers besides the inside window one they sent me as a club/supporter member.