Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Montune 330mm BBK

Montune has a new BBK kit for the Fiesta ST 180, called the Clubsport they sent the preorders right when 2024 started anybody have this kit? and care to share their thoughts? looks very well made and is sold out right away but only the daily version is sold out of the Clubsport, not the track version of the Clubsport PRO.
https://www.mountunestore.com/produ...t-4-pot-330mm-big-brake-upgrade-mk7-fiesta-st

Maybe I’m retarded so forgive the question if it’s obvious - Are the brake pads not removable without taking the caliper off?
If the picture do represent the right calipers, you are right. You must take off the calipers to change de pads. They removed so much material all around the caliper that they hve no choice but to add the "webbing" at the top of the caliper to add rigidity 1707367750549.png

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What would be a Gold mine is doing a BBK For stock wheels without spacer being needed! I'd be on board that's for dam sho! [driving]

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Besides the Caveats above I did a dollar to pound conversion and those brakes are expensive to the tune of $2600 that’s pretty steep for a new unproven big brake.
Right! Idk who in their right mind would buy that over stoptech that’s a few hundred cheaper.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I just wish a company would come up with a BBK that would fit under All wheels without doing Hub centric spacers* That would sell like [deviltail][deviltail][deviltail][woot]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Alternative for around half the price: https://www.ebcracing.co.uk/product...big-brake-kit-300mm-black-caliper-bbk006blk-1
Mind you it comes in both 300 and 330mm and pads can be removed without removing the caliper.
Problem with those is you need spacers even with 17’s. My friend runs those. They are great brakes but you cannot get around running spacers with them. If one is comfortable running a fair amount of spacer i.e. over 5 mm then ya.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
ISO cert? :p I asked on their website question area lol.

I wouldn't mind having to remove the caliper for a pad change. I know that most fixed assemblies don't require this but a sliding caliper def does. So no real change from that perspective. And the extra bracing across the top HAS to make it stiffer, right? Which should translate into tasty pedal feel??? But I'm just guessing. They also claim the pads are a "readily available pad profile" so options are possible.

As stated, the real issue is running huge spacers. The plan in the DISTANT future is custom offset forged wheels to fit any goshdern caliper me wants!

Nice dig OP