Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Moonroof not draining?

So after a rain storm last week I was driving to work and kept getting a gurgling sound. Loud and extremely annoying got to work closed the roof let it bake all day. On my ride home everything was fine so I just wrote it off as we got a lot of rain and maybe I kept getting “pockets” of water draining. It then rained on my ride home the other day and cleared off so I vented the roof and there was my noise again.
Has anyone else had this issue? Do they pinch one of the hoses off possibly during assembly? Where do the drains come out so maybe I can pour a little water in and make sure it is draining?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MagneticMaine
Thread Starter #5
Not with the roof open. I do appreciate the thought as maybe something fell in upon opening. I’m sure there is a check valve in the drains? I would love to put some shop air behind it and see what happens but that’s also a scary idea.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
No....sediment gets into the Drain hoses and causes problems over time.....say like....How did this flood happen in my car and there is no water source anywhere to flood it? It's due to hoses being plugged the water backing up into the car....instead of the ground!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
MagneticMaine
Thread Starter #7
I’ve only had the car for just over two months I hope that’s not the case! I’ll further investigate at some point soon armed with a bottle of water..

OP
MagneticMaine
Thread Starter #8
Forgot to mention the noise only happens while traveling down the road at 40+mph..

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It could be the heater core gargling....that comes to mind also.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
MagneticMaine
Thread Starter #10
Thanks. I’m familiar with the heater core gargle sound as I have driven plenty of cars with that sound(Impalas) I’m just seeing if anyone else has this particular drain issue with possible fix. I may bite the bullet and let a Ford tech check it out but I’ll probably just pull the A pillar covers off and find the hoses and figure out what’s going on myself. The car only has 5000 miles on it and there shouldn’t be an overhead noise like this..

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's easy to check it yourself. If the fronts aren't clogged, it could be the rears, which are harder to get to. You could also have a leak from an imperfect seal in the roof itself.
One of the drains could be twisted, disconnected, or improperly installed.
The good news is that you can probably fix it yourself.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I get that gargle too. I think im gonna try running the air compressor through them. As long as it isnt an 80npsi blast it should be fine.