Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Motor mount comparison

I just want some quick responses, what motormount works better? I dont care about NVH I already have a C-PE flex and im trying to see if i will benefit from replacing it with the Whoosh Race-Spec mount. Screenshot_20210418-111527_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

Do you track the car, any racing or is this more of a daily? I just put in a Torque Solutions RMM and honestly I'm switching back to stock, I felt like it helped putting power to the ground and shifting but I'm not currently tracking it. I do some autox but my car is stock with some 200tw tires. I couldn't imagine having the race spec on the street without putting out serious power. IDK if that helps, good luck.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I just want some quick responses, what motormount works better? I dont care about NVH I already have a C-PE flex and im trying to see if i will benefit from replacing it with the Whoosh Race-Spec mount. View attachment 39754
if you already have a cp-e there's no beneifit to replaicng it unless you want less vibrations
the mounts with less vibrations than cp-e would be
whoosh street-spec
mountune
AWR 62a
vibra technocs fast road formula

green_henry

1000 Post Club
if you already have a cp-e there's no beneifit to replaicng it unless you want less vibrations
the mounts with less vibrations than cp-e would be
whoosh street-spec
mountune
AWR 62a
vibra technocs fast road formula
+1 My Mountune RMM was great for ~40k but then I noticed some movement. Replaced it with a cp-e and I expect it to last for at least as long as the Mountune. Fwiw, I run ~12 track sessions each year, so it's not pampered.

OP
Blanco_ST
Thread Starter #10
Do you track the car, any racing or is this more of a daily? I just put in a Torque Solutions RMM and honestly I'm switching back to stock, I felt like it helped putting power to the ground and shifting but I'm not currently tracking it. I do some autox but my car is stock with some 200tw tires. I couldn't imagine having the race spec on the street without putting out serious power. IDK if that helps, good luck.
Im not tracking it but from a dig it slams pretty hard when i drop the clutch. I assumed the race spec would help with that.

Im not tracking it but from a dig it slams pretty hard when i drop the clutch. I assumed the race spec would help with that.
I had that same issue but as soon as soon as I installed the transmission bushing, shifting has become smoother for me. Even though most people don't go through the trouble of upgrading all the mounts, I personally think it's worth it. If noise is a big issue for you, I would install additional soundproofing on the car. It only cost like 60 for some padding.

Last edited:

TemecFist

I just want some quick responses, what motormount works better? I dont care about NVH I already have a C-PE flex and im trying to see if i will benefit from replacing it with the Whoosh Race-Spec mount. View attachment 39754
You SHOULD care about NVH. Some motor miunts have been known to produce false knock.