Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Clubsport/ Bilstein B8+Mountune Springs impressions?

Howdy all, I've posted on this forum a few times looking for advice trying to get my car back in ship shape. I've replaced control arms, end links, tie rod ends, motor mounts save the RMM, and installed the mountune Clubsport suspension kit. Had it aligned after installing suspension and again a couple days ago+had the dealership have a look at my suspension, they suggested replacing end links but I said that'd already been done so we decided against that.

I'm wondering if my experience with the b8+mountune springs is like anyone else's. I bought them expecting a slightly less bouncy ride and generally less harsh ride, but as it stands my car has a very bouncy/bumpy ride and it just isn't very comfortable. There's a decent amount of bump steer and it doesn't feel super stable on bumpy roads, and smooth roads don't feel very smooth. I will say despite all this it does seem to handle corners pretty well, but I haven't pushed it as hard as I like to with the fear that something still isn't right with it.

Has anybody had similar experiences with their kit or would this suggest something still isn't right with my car? I'm getting tired of fixing things with little improvement and having the feeling that something is still wrong with my car.

Adeydaldalian

U.S. Marine Veteran
what's the torque to tighten the top nut of the bilstein struts? It seems to me that the garage I got the clubsport installed didn't tighten it according to the sheet provided and they never gave me back the mountain instructions.
Is it 55Nm?

For Complete Details Please visit https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/new-gosloto-bilstein-b8-performance-plus-dampers-w-mountune-sport-springs.12759/page-11

If your problem is solved please tell me here.

Have a nice day to all

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
what's the torque to tighten the top nut of the bilstein struts? It seems to me that the garage I got the clubsport installed didn't tighten it according to the sheet provided and they never gave me back the mountain instructions.
Is it 55Nm?

For Complete Details Please visit https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/new-gosloto-bilstein-b8-performance-plus-dampers-w-mountune-sport-springs.12759/page-11

If your problem is solved please tell me here.

Have a nice day to all
I'm guessing by top nut you mean the one but holding the top hat? They came assembled but I could see that being an issue, or did you mean the three nuts on the strut tower?

Another commenter on that thread summarized my problem pretty well, but it seems that it went away with some time for them. Basically my car is upset by the road surface, they said after a bit of time it calmed down on them, but I've already put 4k miles on mine.