Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Downpipe

Hey, I am new here! Been an owner of a FiST since new in 2015. I am looking to buy a Mountune downpipe but have had no luck finding one... UK Mountune store wont ship one to US due to EPA regulations. Maybe someone here has one for sale?

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Hey, I am new here! Been an owner of a FiST since new in 2015. I am looking to buy a Mountune downpipe but have had no luck finding one... UK Mountune store wont ship one to US due to EPA regulations. Maybe someone here has one for sale?
You may want to list whether you prefer catted or catless. Just be aware that you lose power going catless with a stock turbo. Even big turbo it's not that much power difference.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
SneakyBobinson
Thread Starter #3
You may want to list whether you prefer catted or catless. Just be aware that you lose power going catless with a stock turbo. Even big turbo it's not that much power difference.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Cool, it would be a catted one as I believe the Mountune DP has a 200 cell cat.

OP
SneakyBobinson
Thread Starter #5
Welcome to the machine. FIVE years and never joined the forum? What upgrades have you done?

View attachment 33186
Hey! Nice photo by the way. Yeah, never been much of a forum person but I figured why not see what it's all about.

For mods I have:

Mountune MP215, Mountune FMIC, Mountune engine mount, Mountune charge pipes, MBRP catback, and the white Sparco Terra wheels. I am looking to go MR230 tune.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Hmm, interesting. I wonder why they possibly discontinued them. Maybe they can no longer import even through their own commercial channels?
They most likely stopped making them because sales were not high and the have discontinued several FiSTā€™s items due to the platform being considered dead here in the U.S. due to Ford.
Now you could argue that there is a used market but Mountuneā€˜s business model is based on ,modding newer production models in concert directly with Ford. Given that they are aware of two things one is FoRS owners have more disposable income in their eyes. Two is they are actively now making Ford Truck mods, :ROFLMAO: and Marketing those.
Three, there are a lot of competitors now selling parts for the FiST at much less expensive prices . Especially downpipes which always is a tread lightly sales item as they are not even legal in California or states that follow California Smog laws.

But even after that they have discontinued some of their bracing for our car as well which leads right back to my first point.
Sorry but thats the full explanation by an observer. lol

OP
SneakyBobinson
Thread Starter #10
They most likely stopped making them because sales were not high and the have discontinued several FiSTā€™s items due to the platform being considered dead here in the U.S. due to Ford.
Now you could argue that there is a used market but Mountuneā€˜s business model is based on ,modding newer production models in concert directly with Ford. Given that they are aware of two things one is FoRS owners have more disposable income in their eyes. Two is they are actively now making Ford Truck mods, :ROFLMAO: and Marketing those.
Three, there are a lot of competitors now selling parts for the FiST at much less expensive prices . Especially downpipes which always is a tread lightly sales item as they are not even legal in California or states that follow California Smog laws.

But even after that they have discontinued some of their bracing for our car as well which leads right back to my first point.
Sorry but thats the full explanation by an observer. lol
Yeah, you have a solid view point. I agree... they most likely just have given up on the car here in the states. Kinda sad the direction Ford has taken here in the US but I guess the market wants SUVs and Pickup Trucks. Not fun small cars or Hot Hatches.... As for the Smog laws I get why they need to exist but still sucks for people who live in areas that closely monitor it. Here in Iowa it seems to be no issue.

You don't need a new downpipe for hte MR230 tune, the factory downpipe will do quite well. When I replaced the factory exhaust on my 2019 I took a good long look at the factory downpipe and found that there are distinct elements of an expansion chamber in the design. While I am simply inferring the purpose I suspect that the placement, diameter, and shape of the necked down area in the Cat is to produce a standing vaccum wave right at the exit of the Turbo. As you might guess that vacuum would act to really boost the efficiency the turbo. BTW, I'm right about equal to yours in the mods I've done to mine but I went with the Cobb 2.5 inch exhaust and RMM. Next step is to purchase an Accessport and get the MR230 tune.

Last edited:

haste

1000 Post Club
Just did a stage 3 "mountune optimized tune" on my completely stock 2017 FiST and hit 232 estimate HP and 282 estimated TQ on the accessport monitors. the car feels REALLY good compared to my fully modded x37 2015 FiST.

haste

1000 Post Club
Ordered a Cobb accessport from Mountune, specified I had an "upgraded" IC during the order and received the accessport with a preloaded tune. Honestly, I think the tune is the same one that comes with their "MR230" upgrade.

I've been driving a modified fist for a few years now and the 2017 with the mountune tune feels great.

Ordered a Cobb accessport from Mountune, specified I had an "upgraded" IC during the order and received the accessport with a preloaded tune. Honestly, I think the tune is the same one that comes with their "MR230" upgrade.

I've been driving a modified fist for a few years now and the 2017 with the mountune tune feels great.
I was thinking instead of using a OTS tune that comes with the AP to buy from Mountune and run theirs for a while. I just went to their website and read there about and I know you can type up anything but what they typed up was very impressive they have been doing boosted vehicles for a while. I know everyone says don't run a OTS tune go with Dizzy, Tune+, Strat, etc. which I planned on doing but maybe I could run their tune for a little while before going with one of the others. Unless that is still advisable.

haste

1000 Post Club
It couldn't hurt. Mountune has been in the game for a while and I believe they know what they are doing. One of the reasons I ordered the accessport from Mountune was for their "OTS" tune. I believe Cobbs is a lot more generic. You can still download the cobb tunes and compare.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just did a stage 3 "mountune optimized tune" on my completely stock 2017 FiST and hit 232 estimate HP and 282 estimated TQ on the accessport monitors. the car feels REALLY good compared to my fully modded x37 2015 FiST.
That's impressive.