Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune RMM Rebuild Guide

Hey all, don’t know if this is a common problem people are having but my mountune RMM ate its front bushings within 10k miles. Mountune was kind enough to send me some fresh bushings and grease to rebuild the motor mount so I thought I’d throw together a little guide. While this guide is specific to the Mountune RMM, it should be pretty similar for most every RMM out there. Without further ado:

Tools needed:

A pair of hands.

Honestly did this whole thing with my hands, you may need a persuader, like a small deadblow hammer, but that’s gonna depend entirely on the tolerances on your RMM. My bushings were loose enough to move by hand so that’s all I used.

Recommended tools:

Nirtrile Gloves.

Keeps the grease off your hands, your lady will thank you later.

This is the entire RMM, disassembled. The central frame is anodized (black) aluminum, and the bushings are on either side of it. The larger (rear) bushings appear to have an oval shape, so when you get to assembling make sure you have them oriented correctly. Each pair of bushings came out of the frame with some twisting and pulling, not a terribly difficult procedure. The front bushings had both cracked as evidenced by the photo.

I cleaned all of the extra grease out of the frame where the bushings slot into, and then ran a thick bead of the grease mountune provided onto the frame. I have a simple motto with grease:

If you only THINK you’ve used enough grease, you need more grease.

Makes for a messy assembly, but you can always wipe excess grease off after you’re done.

All the components wiped down, greased, and ready for re-assembly!

Note the oval shape of the rear bushing, took a little bit of wiggling but the bushing sat perfectly in a matter of seconds. Ok maybe I used too much grease here...

After I sat the other rear bushing in place, I went ahead and installed the hollow pin through the center of them (no grease on these) this was probably the most physically taxing part because it gets harder the farther on you push it. Honestly still really easy. I then started with the smaller (front) bushings. The front bushings have an asymmetrical pin although it doesn’t really matter which way the stepped end of the pin faces because the frame is 100% reversible, meaning that the orientation of it doesn’t really matter. I, however, went back and watched Mountune’s install video (link at the end of the post) just to match the orientation of the frame and pins, since the frame has the Mountune logo etched on it.

Here’s everything assembled, with grease mostly wiped off. I like to leave a little on there because stuff will move once the thing gets installed. This particular example will be listed in the for sale section for anyone interested.

Mountune Install Video:
View: https://youtu.be/UDhtUJsVKWk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk