Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune says their Sport springs are Linear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linear springs with helper springs with no rating hence the singular rate of 144 lb/in for the rears. The front and rear Mountune springs are linear. 🏁

Linear springs with helper springs with no rating hence the singular rate of 144 lb/in for the rears. The front and rear Mountune springs are linear. 🏁
So in your statement you mention two different ratings, even if one is not rated. Your logic about linear on this is not aligned with mathematics.

Think of a graph, one spring rate is a gentle slope. Then the other spring rate, is more aggressive. If something is linear it does not have a changing slope.

So in your statement you mention two different ratings, even if one is not rated. Your logic about linear on this is not aligned with mathematics.

Think of a graph, one spring rate is a gentle slope. Then the other spring rate, is more aggressive. If something is linear it does not have a changing slope.
Yer going to have to do some research. They’re linear linear linear linear linear and linear 🇺🇸

OP
SirThomas88
Thread Starter #44

I don't know if what he's saying is correct or not, but I think what MRX330 is trying to say is that the "other" rate on those back springs are something like dead springs to help hold the spring in place so it doesn't fall out when the suspension is fully extended. And that they don't have any affect the ride handling characteristics of the car when the car is on the ground and the suspension is traveling normally because they are already compressed by default. Thus, it's effectively a single-rate spring.

It makes sense to me if it's true that those coils are indeed fully compressed, but again, not sure if that's correct, just clarifying, I think he could be doing a little better job at communicating his point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ok its time to put the semantics of this argument to rest .Anyone at Mountune claiming their Springs are linear in the rear are incorrect. Regardless of the supposed tighter winds collapsing and becoming non affecting per HyperCo’s website and the most renowned racing spring manufacturer in the world. Yes they have been tested on spring dynos and have less failure or deflection than any other spring on the market by Performance Shock in Sonoma California by Infineon Raceway. They service Moton JRZ , Penske , Ohlin, Koni, etc.. and are renown in the racing world.
http://performanceshock.com/

Here is the HyperCo link explaining to all who are calling these springs linear read and learn you are not the expert you think you are. Per the pics of the Mountune springs and per HyperCo’s explanation the rears are dual rate which make them a progessive.

You armchair experts can go argue with a Spring Maker with it if you want you are wrong.
https://www.hypercoils.com/tech-tips/linear-vs-progressive-rate-suspension-springs/

Ok its time to put the semantics of this argument to rest .Anyone at Mountune claiming their Springs are linear in the rear are incorrect. Regardless of the supposed tighter winds collapsing and becoming non affecting per HyperCo’s website and the most renowned racing spring manufacturer in the world. Yes they have been tested on spring dynos and have less failure or deflection than any other spring on the market by Performance Shock in Sonoma California by Infineon Raceway. They service Moton JRZ , Penske , Ohlin, Koni, etc.. and are renown in the racing world.
http://performanceshock.com/

Here is the HyperCo link explaining to all who are calling these springs linear read and learn you are not the expert you think you are. Per the pics of the Mountune springs and per HyperCo’s explanation the rears are dual rate which make them a progessive.

You armchair experts can go argue with a Spring Maker with it if you want you are wrong.
https://www.hypercoils.com/tech-tips/linear-vs-progressive-rate-suspension-springs/
You’re wrong

I don't know if what he's saying is correct or not, but I think what MRX330 is trying to say is that the "other" rate on those back springs are something like dead springs to help hold the spring in place so it doesn't fall out when the suspension is fully extended. And that they don't have any affect the ride handling characteristics of the car when the car is on the ground and the suspension is traveling normally because they are already compressed by default. Thus, it's effectively a single-rate spring.

It makes sense to me if it's true that those coils are indeed fully compressed, but again, not sure if that's correct, just clarifying, I think he could be doing a little better job at communicating his point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The sky is blue.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I think this has gone on long enough.
Although you are all entitled to your opinions this argument does not seem to be resolved.
It also seems that some members are not willing to concede under any circumstances.
The vendor, (Montune)m says that their springs are linear.
As Montune is not part of this debate, we seem to be beating a dead horse.
I would suggest that you take this up with Montune.
This thread is no longer healthy to our forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.