Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune's Lower Front Splitter for 5dr FiST - Released

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Our new Front Splitter has been designed for the North American market 5 door Fiesta ST with its region specific front bumper profile ensuring correct fitment. Styled to match the contour of the front bumper, a prominent center riser has also been incorporated that doubles as a robust center support for added stability. Produced from durable Multi-layer reinforced FRP with double thick, satin black gel coat to provide a stable surface for paint or other suitable finish. In stock and shipping now. Can also be left unpainted however the untreated surface may discolor over time.

• Made in the USA
  • Easy installation
  • Hardware included
  • Satin black finish
MSRP $299

http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Lower-Front-Splitter-Fiesta-ST-2014-15-p/2364-fs-aa.htm

Installation Guide: (***rivnut tool required***)

https://mountune.app.box.com/s/y78ufqps1vgngkjon4dp6mq1u4k6qo7w

Mountune Front Splitter Released.jpg

Mountune Splitter.jpg

2364-FS-AA-2T.jpg

koozy

3000 Post Club
weird... Randy just said no last night on another thread regarding the spoiler, that they didn't want to invest in re-tooling to fit the US spec bumper cover.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #3
weird... Randy just said no last night on another thread regarding the spoiler, that they didn't want to invest in re-tooling to fit the US spec bumper cover.
I just saw Mountune's new announcement posted on Facebook about an hour ago!

https://www.facebook.com/Mountune/p...464113637487/1119773491373206/?type=1&theater

And its now listed for sale on their US site....

http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Lower-Front-Splitter-Fiesta-ST-2014-15-p/2364-fs-aa.htm

Guess Randy was "out of the loop" on this one!

koozy

3000 Post Club
I'm not a fan of fiberglass, but I'd get this one if I were in the market. I like the design and how blends in well with the cover and enhances the look of the front end.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #5
I'm not a fan of fiberglass, but I'd get this one if I were in the market. I like the design and how blends in well with the cover and enhances the look of the front end.
Not a fan of FG either...just thought I'd post Mountune's Splitter for anyone else who's interested...

[HR][/HR]

I'm still planning on purchasing with Bojix's CF Front Splitter though.....

With the current limited group buy Bojix's CF splitter is ~$100 more than Mountune's front Splitter but still worth it IMO for a CF front splitter...

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/5234-Bojix-Carbon-Fiber-Front-Splitter-Group-Buy

Bojix CF Splitter closeup.jpg

Bojix Splitter.jpg

Bojix splitter 2.jpg

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
hmm kinda like it matching the winglets. Dam shipping thou is stupid @ $100 to Canada. Might have to do this via CBI in the future. HOWEVER i must stop ordering parts until I install what I have... (maybe). Mind you that install seem to address my concerns about strength and support if left on in winter (which I would not)

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #7
hmm kinda like it matching the winglets. Dam shipping thou is stupid @ $100 to Canada. Might have to do this via CBI in the future. HOWEVER i must stop ordering parts until I install what I have... (maybe). Mind you that install seem to address my concerns about strength and support if left on in winter (which I would not)
I too like Mountunes Rear Spoiler Extensions...

And I do like the fact that their new lower lip is supported quite well although it does require removing the front bumper which is not really that big a deal having done it a few times now!

My God...$100 shipping to CA?!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I too like Mountunes Rear Spoiler Extensions...

And I do like the fact that their new lower lip is supported quite well although it does require removing the front bumper which is not really that big a deal having done it a few times now!

My God...$100 shipping to CA?!

Well I figure since the bumper is off for the DHM intercooler what is a little mod work. Ya the shipping is ludicrous. Got to get a CBI account or a sugar daddy/mommy in the US. LOL

Mountune sure wasn't shy about borrowing from Triple R's design. If I ever crack my splitter I'll probably pick one of these up for ease of installation.

I just saw Mountune's new announcement posted on Facebook about an hour ago!

https://www.facebook.com/Mountune/p...464113637487/1119773491373206/?type=1&theater

And its now listed for sale on their US site....

Guess Randy was "out of the loop" on this one!
Out of the loop? LOL... The lower spoiler and splitter are NOT the same product.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Mountune sure wasn't shy about borrowing from Triple R's design. If I ever crack my splitter I'll probably pick one of these up for ease of installation.
I agree and it is probably built by Triple-R.
If not for the support in the center, it does look identical to the Triple-R.

As for the mounting.
After installing a few of the Triple-Rs now there is a simple way to mount them without removing the bumper.
I am sure that the Mountune splitter could be mounted the same way.

The only unfortunate thing about all of these kind of splitters is that they eventually will get damaged.
I like how they say "while maintaining ample ground clearance".
That of course is provided that you do not have lowering springs.

Although both FG and CF use the same kind of resins and can easily be repaired.
You can never make the CF look the same as new.
This is why I choose to have mine painted rattle can semi gloss black as it is so easy to touch up.

Dave

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #12
Although both FG and CF use the same kind of resins and can easily be repaired.
You can never make the CF look the same as new.
This is why I choose to have mine painted rattle can semi gloss black as it is so easy to touch up.

Dave
I think the real issue is constant maintenance that's required with the Fiber Glass Lower Splitter available simply because it comes primed without protective clearcoat layers...Also FG is far more prone to fractures and cracks as seen in the pics below posted by members having to constantly repair them...Look closely along the entire edge at all the fractures and crack seen..

Fiberglass splitter fractures and cracks 2.jpg

Fiberglass splitter fractures and cracks.jpg

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Those chips were caused by contact with the road and or curb/wheel stops.
I think you will find, as I have that CF doesn't care when subjected to the same conditions.

My statement is still valid.
CF and FG will still chip.

Dave

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #15
I think you will find, as I have that CF doesn't care when subjected to the same conditions.

My statement is still valid.
CF and FG will still chip.

Dave
Anything will "chip" (even the body) given the right circumstances and its not paint chips I'm concerned with ...It's the fractures and cracks which are typically seen along the edges of the FG I don't appreciate seeing nor wish to constantly keep up with...

And its the layers of CF sheets applied with additional layers of clearcoat that lends itself to being more durable and are far less likely to produce cracks and fractures from occurring compared to these FG splitters currently available....

That said..I think it would be a very good idea to apply a protective top clear coat layer on the FG splitters which could very well reduce edge cracks and fractures from occurring ..

Do you now have a CF front splitter installed? Or are you finding that these edge fractures and cracks are also happening with your new CF hood as well??

I do wish someone would release a urethane front splitter....

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
My experience is from CF splitters I have had on previous cars.

I promise that I will not say, I told you so.
I will just say now that you will see.

Dave

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #17
My experience is from CF splitters I have had on previous cars.

I promise that I will not say, I told you so.
I will just say now that you will see.

Dave
I have no doubt this was your experience...

But I too have had CF splitters in the past but never saw the same type of crack and fractures that I've seen in with FG splitters members have posted....perhaps I've been very lucky....

Are you seeing similar damage along the edges of your new CF hood yet? Just curious

Ford Community Posts