Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My 2015 Fiesta st Broke a coolant line near the coolant reservoir

joeyman00

First poster here, I recently installed a MAPerformance cold air intake ill link the listing (https://www.ebay.com/itm/MAP-Stainl...ilter-for-2014-15-Ford-Fiesta-ST/373486939678) oddly enough they sent me a KN filter, one that isnt green but seems the same size.
I installed it today and all went fine I took the car out for the first time and drove it hard, the car sounded realllly good, all the proper pshhh sounds.
I got home made the mistake of immediatly turning it off after driving hard, then got out to put the plastic engine cover on, i accidently bumped a coolant reservoir line on the left side (see pictures)
then the bottom coolant reservoir hose burst and the plastic adaptor connecting the hose broke but the hose is still clean and seems ok. and im not sure if it is because of the cold air intake maybe something was installed inncorrectly? or it is a common issue that im not aware of, or it is due to my hard driving. Let me know what you guys think, appreciate (ps my car is bone stocker until the filter also car has 57k miles.) also included image to what I think I need to replace. image0.jpeg image1.jpeg image2.jpeg image4.jpeg image5.jpeg

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
First poster here, I recently installed a MAPerformance cold air intake ill link the listing (https://www.ebay.com/itm/MAP-Stainl...ilter-for-2014-15-Ford-Fiesta-ST/373486939678) oddly enough they sent me a KN filter, one that isnt green but seems the same size.
I installed it today and all went fine I took the car out for the first time and drove it hard, the car sounded realllly good, all the proper pshhh sounds.
I got home made the mistake of immediatly turning it off after driving hard, then got out to put the plastic engine cover on, i accidently bumped a coolant reservoir line on the left side (see pictures)
then the bottom coolant reservoir hose burst and the plastic adaptor connecting the hose broke but the hose is still clean and seems ok. and im not sure if it is because of the cold air intake maybe something was installed inncorrectly? or it is a common issue that im not aware of, or it is due to my hard driving. Let me know what you guys think, appreciate (ps my car is bone stocker until the filter also car has 57k miles.) also included image to what I think I need to replace. View attachment 39392 View attachment 39393 View attachment 39394 View attachment 39395 View attachment 39396
This may be the hose you need

C1BZ-8B081-J

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-overflow-hose-c1bz8b081j

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
J

joeyman00

Thread Starter #4
That plug is for the bleeding coolant in the direct center on the top of the Radiator.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
That black adaptor on the end of the hose from the link you sent seems to be it. I’ll see if any of my local ford dealers have it in stock. Hoping that’s the correct one.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
That black adaptor on the end of the hose from the link you sent seems to be it. I’ll see if any of my local ford dealers have it in stock. Hoping that’s the correct one.
You will need to buy / replace the entire hose. It does not come separately.

how much of a pain in the butt is replacing that line? the clip began leaking on me, enough where it dampens a paper towel around the clip, when I take the car out and drive it.

mine is a 2014 but assuming same part - MOTORCRAFT KM5398 {#C1BZ8B081J, KM5223}

Sorry for the late reply. Its not too bad, especially because the clip is already broken and you don't need to be as carful removing it. Sucks draining the coolant but you can just drain the revivor down to where that line connects.

Hey all, if anyone is still active on here, I could use some help. I broke this same hose and discovered a little crack in the coolant reservoir, i got a new hose, and replaced the reservoir with a mishimoto black aluminum one just to upgrade and prevent it from ever cracking again. Got it filled with coolant did some flushing, now my heater wont blow cold unless I driver hard. Any advice? is this another one of those "only the dealership can properly solve this issue with their magic computer" kind of things? or is there a heater core air bleeding process I may be unaware of?

the duke

Hey all, if anyone is still active on here, I could use some help. I broke this same hose and discovered a little crack in the coolant reservoir, i got a new hose, and replaced the reservoir with a mishimoto black aluminum one just to upgrade and prevent it from ever cracking again. Got it filled with coolant did some flushing, now my heater wont blow cold unless I driver hard. Any advice? is this another one of those "only the dealership can properly solve this issue with their magic computer" kind of things? or is there a heater core air bleeding process I may be unaware of?
I think the system needs to be burped/theres still air.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Echoing Duke. Probably some air in there and need to burp it with the heater on full blast.

I think the system needs to be burped/theres still air.
Alright will need to do that. Is that the standard bleeding air to coolant out of the top of the radiator bleeder valve or do you have a more precise way of doing that and or a youtube video would be awesome, also thank you guys for getting back to me so quickly.

Alright will need to do that. Is that the standard bleeding air to coolant out of the top of the radiator bleeder valve or do you have a more precise way of doing that and or a youtube video would be awesome, also thank you guys for getting back to me so quickly.
I'm sure there's at least a couple threads on here discussing method etc. but this one is pretty recent and the advice seems sound! Give it a read if you're trying to get this sorted out quickly and waiting on responses here. Haven't had to do anything like this myself yet so just pointing you towards what I could find.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/proper-coolant-bleed-procedure.25984/

ChaseST

Not sure if anyone is still active on this thread but I had my coolant line snap on the right side and now I am having trouble getting to the clamp, how did you guys get to it, I can’t see the clamp unless I have my front facing camera on and my phone propped in my engine bay. What is the best way to attack this? Can/should I remove the little bracket that holds the two O2 sensors so I can get to it easier?