Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My Euro Retrofit Headlight Project

OP
New_Daily
Thread Starter #21
There was discussion on it on other euro headlight threads but the overwhelming consensus was that it’s not worth trying to get them to work. Our US cars lack companion components to make them work aside from just wiring. And the manual leveling works to get them as level as needed.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I know of one person on here whos done the retro on the DEPO euro lights. He actually used the same projectors as well. It turned out great.

OP
New_Daily
Thread Starter #23
I spent 2 hours yesterday on splitting the 2nd headlight. I started determined I was going to get it apart so I can move on to the actual retrofitting etc. After all that time it’s not apart. I kinda tore the housing a little around where the sealant channel is. I guess I’m got lucky and the first was relatively easy. I’ll work more on it this week.

OP
New_Daily
Thread Starter #27
Any update on these? Unless you posted pics somewhere else. Was just trying to get ideas
Siiiigh :( not really. I had worked more on getting the second headlight apart a little bit ago, but its still not apart. Once it is, that will move the process along as that is a big stall right now. Sorry. Hopefully ad it cools down, being in the garage wont be such an uncomfortable prospect

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Siiiigh :( not really. I had worked more on getting the second headlight apart a little bit ago, but its still not apart. Once it is, that will move the process along as that is a big stall right now. Sorry. Hopefully ad it cools down, being in the garage wont be such an uncomfortable prospect
Its been almost a year I thought it might be done my bad lol

OP
New_Daily
Thread Starter #32
Nope. I worked on it a bit over the past couple months but still don’t have the second headlight split. It’s much harder than the first and I’ve already mangled the housing a bit. I *think* that I’ll still be able to seal it up properly with the new butyl rubber seals but……

But my new job might have industrial size ovens which would be easier than using a heat gun so I’ll look into that and if so I’ll hopefully have the last one split before long.

Damn man. Splitting that second headlight has been a 2 and a half year process. :LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hopefully the ovens at your job will help (y)