Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My FiST custom exhaust

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Just had my custom "cat back" exhaust put on earlier Friday afternoon.

Milltek catless DP, into 2.5" pipe, into a magnaflow muffler, into 2 tips. I kinda wish the tips were a little closer together, but oh well. Still looks good, and sounds great considering I paid $450 out the door (dp excluded)

After driving around on it for a day, it already sounds slightly different than this video. I'll get some more video/drivebys/in car stuff next weekend once its had a good while to break in.
[video=youtube;rvoqbo3A02Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvoqbo3A02Q[/video]
In car video. 1st gear normal acceleration, 2nd/3rd gear are WOT. The shuttering noise is wheel hop, TC was on. When TC is off I just spin and get no hop.
[video=youtube;7BAk0xAwNks]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BAk0xAwNks&feature=em-upload_owner[/video]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
..You really have to put in your "2 cents" even it is not something nice, you just have to say it don't you? [?|]
Not his cup of tea .. I don't think it was a slam on Mazda so no harm done in fact I like the look of the speed protege.. Colin is a big boy and has given his Opinion on things too that were not all roses and sunshine..

..You really have to put in your "2 cents" even it is not something nice, you just have to say it don't you? [?|]
It's the truth...next time I am about to post, I'll run it by you first to see if it meets your standards...Forum Nazi

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Ok kids now be nice .. The interweb is not the best place to bring a feeling so lets just move along.. Nothin to see here ..

OP
Colin1337

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Not his cup of tea .. I don't think it was a slam on Mazda so no harm done in fact I like the look of the speed protege.. Colin is a big boy and has given his Opinion on things too that were not all roses and sunshine..
Haha true story Rod, I call it like I see it.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Collin what size tips are those and model number is your magnaflow? Gonna get a custom stainless 2.75" piping with a magnaflow muffler and either 3.5" or 4" singlewall tips.

OP
Colin1337

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
Collin what size tips are those and model number is your magnaflow? Gonna get a custom stainless 2.75" piping with a magnaflow muffler and either 3.5" or 4" singlewall tips.
The inlets are 2", so effectively 4" of outlet piping. I believe the outlets of the tips are 3"

I'm not sure what model number the muffler is, its just whatever they had in stock. Sorry man.

OP
Colin1337

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
Updated first post with an in car vid.

Also, heres a quick one. My phone does not do this exhaust justice, it makes it sound a bit "raspy" when in reality its actually very smooth sounding.
I'll try to get another vid with my girlfriends iphone5 later, maybe that will sound better.

[video=youtube;k_siciqOxNQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_siciqOxNQ[/video]

OP
Colin1337

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
Welp, I got a little intoxicated the other night and bought a vibrant resonator lol. So we'll see how that effects the sound.

....come to think of it, most my car part purchases happened after I'd had a few adult beverages. I need to start hiding my wallet haha