Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My new to me ST

I just bought a 2015 fiesta st, from carmax Saturday.
When I got home I started taking a more detailed look and noticed it had Cobb exhaust and intake system. So my first was “oh cool it came factory with Cobb” only to find out later that it wasn’t the case. Do you guys have any advice on what all I should look for to find out exactly what I have going on? I’m loving it by the way

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Having something Cobb can be as simple as having a shift knob from Cobb. The Fiesta ST did not come factory with anything from Cobb. So you have an aftermarket exhaust and intake. You could also look to see if there's an aftermarket intercooler or radiator. It's quite possible that the previous owner had also had an accessport and had tuned the car, but if you didn't get one with the car, it either never had one, or it was removed before sale.

OP
T
Thread Starter #3
Thank you, that was what I was really wondering about was if there was a way I could find out if it had any stage 1 setup or anything else you know what I mean, I felt so lucky that it already had those mods, it’s a really fun car to drive I must say

OP
T
Thread Starter #4
Having something Cobb can be as simple as having a shift knob from Cobb. The Fiesta ST did not come factory with anything from Cobb. So you have an aftermarket exhaust and intake. You could also look to see if there's an aftermarket intercooler or radiator. It's quite possible that the previous owner had also had an accessport and had tuned the car, but if you didn't get one with the car, it either never had one, or it was removed before sale.
I can confirm that there is a Cobb pipe running to the intercooler just looking down in the engine bay

OP
T
Thread Starter #6
Congrats on the purchase. Having gone through the same thing when I picked up my car last month, I would check for a short shifter and replaced RMM. These are super common and I was lucky enough to already have them installed.
thanks will do, and congrats on yours as well

Cobb tunes have multiple MAPs which you can change without an AccessPort. (the AP is only needed to flash the car, you don't need to leave it on for the tune to work). Most people revert the car to stock tune before they sell it, but you never know.

start the car, press the CAN/RES button. If the car has a cobb tune on it the tachometer will jump to whichever MAP is selected (1000=slot 1, 2000=slot 2, etc.). you can select the slot you want with set+ and set- buttons, then leave it for like 10 seconds and it will exit the menu and go back to normal.

Since you have all those mods already, I would invest in an accessport anyway. It's helpful to be able to watch some gauges ( like temps and such) and you can tune it if it's not already, If you have an intercooler you can go stage 2 cobb, possibly stage 3 if you have a full exhaust. first thing I did to my car was cobb stage 1, it really changes the car. tunes from custom tuners (stratified, dizzy, etc) make even more of a difference.

And welcome!

OP
T
Thread Starter #9
Cobb tunes have multiple MAPs which you can change without an AccessPort. (the AP is only needed to flash the car, you don't need to leave it on for the tune to work). Most people revert the car to stock tune before they sell it, but you never know.

start the car, press the CAN/RES button. If the car has a cobb tune on it the tachometer will jump to whichever MAP is selected (1000=slot 1, 2000=slot 2, etc.). you can select the slot you want with set+ and set- buttons, then leave it for like 10 seconds and it will exit the menu and go back to normal.

Since you have all those mods already, I would invest in an accessport anyway. It's helpful to be able to watch some gauges ( like temps and such) and you can tune it if it's not already, If you have an intercooler you can go stage 2 cobb, possibly stage 3 if you have a full exhaust. first thing I did to my car was cobb stage 1, it really changes the car. tunes from custom tuners (stratified, dizzy, etc) make even more of a difference.

And welcome!
Thank you, I will do some research on that

OP
T
Thread Starter #14
An easy, non-intrusive (without taking off the front bumper to check) way to see if you have an aftermarket intercooler is to see if the end tanks are plastic or not.

Plastic = factory, alloy end tanks = aftermarket
Oh ok thank you, I was getting frustrated trying to find a way when I was on break at work, but I’m feeling confident after seeing the Cobb pipe running too the intercooler

OP
T
Thread Starter #18
For sure, this weekend I’m gonna go back ver this car thoroughly and see what goodies I have, really having a great time with it, hope it lasts forever. I do wonder about suspension because it takes bumps like they don’t exist

For sure, this weekend I’m gonna go back ver this car thoroughly and see what goodies I have, really having a great time with it, hope it lasts forever. I do wonder about suspension because it takes bumps like they don’t exist
lol yeah that's definitely not stock then, mine dies a little inside every time I hit a bump