Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My Snot Rocket's headlight projector retrofit

Build is well under-way. Right now, I'm just waiting on the parts to get back from my painter so I can re-assemble.

The setup:

Gloss black paint throughout
Morimoto Bullet shrouds (lows)
OEM Lexus RX350 shrouds (highs)
Koito Bi-LED V3 projectors (modified)
ZKW-R clear lenses
Morimoto FX-R 3" lens holders
Dummy projectors (OEM RX350 front halves; in high beams)
Etched high beam lenses (ST logo)
Body color passive quad demon eyes
Green active demon eyes

Fogs: Morimoto Type S
LED License Plate Lights: Morimoto T10

Koito Bi-LED projectors:

Projectors modded, with internals painted body color:

Cutoff line:

OEM Acura RDX shroud trimmed down:

Active demon eye (green) mocked up:

High beam demon eye / dummy projector built:

Mocked up in location:

Active demon eye mocked up:

Shrouds trimmed down:

Everything mocked up:

Lens on dummy projector etched (after mock-up):

That's where we stand for now. Maybe a week or two until all of the donor headlight internals get back from paint.

I take it this is not your first time modifying/building headlights. Really impressive work, I didn't even realize this was possible.

TheStig

TRS in his user name. Assuming he's from The Retrofit Source. :)
Indeed he does. And if you dont follow TRS on Facebook yet you need to, some of the retrofits they show are amazing. Plus this past 2-3 weeks here has been a couple of zingers on there as far as good comedy goes.

PR Department is as good as their products!

OP
T
Thread Starter #6
Indeed he does. And if you dont follow TRS on Facebook yet you need to, some of the retrofits they show are amazing. Plus this past 2-3 weeks here has been a couple of zingers on there as far as good comedy goes.

PR Department is as good as their products!
Most of the posters made are stuff I made for internal use around the office, but the owner Matt decided to post them on social media. Never meant as a public release initially.

I take it this is not your first time modifying/building headlights. Really impressive work, I didn't even realize this was possible.
This is probably set 110 or so, so yeah I've done this a few times before. haha

Following. A retrofit is definitely in the plans for my FiST after doing one on my Focus ST. You can't get any better than TRS.

TheStig

Most of the posters made are stuff I made for internal use around the office, but the owner Matt decided to post them on social media. Never meant as a public release initially.

This is probably set 110 or so, so yeah I've done this a few times before. haha
Keep it up, a company with a sense of humor is even more endearing to me. Plus how you guys blasted a so called "competitor" awhile back about some back handed crap.

That was also great.

TRS for the WIN.

OP
T
Thread Starter #12
How much do I send?

Just kidding, but for real. How much?
The stock headlights literally must be cut open. It's quite a disaster if you haven't done it before.

I would hit up the Lighting Firm for experience with these lights: https://www.thelightingfirm.net/.

TLF gets a lot of the parts from us.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
TRS is great to work with most certainly:)

I started my TRS supplied swap months ago and have not have the gumption to finish it though part of that is instead of doing the mini H1 I am doing a 3" swap which is a great deal more work. I am also putting the 38mm LED DRLs in the high beam location which I opted to use instead of a strip LED.

I have worked on other headlights, these are by far the toughest, and decided to cut them open as well using a saw blade in a dremel, cutting mostly in the bottom of the grove that goes mostly around the whole assembly.

Unless otherwise advised I planned to carefully glue them with some ABS rated epoxy and then add a bead of black silicone over it, filling the grove, wiped to a concave shape so it looks good.

I bought the 3" setup for the dually but just had to take the harder route and put them in the FiST...

----------------

I have never even thought about the level of mods you are doing to the set you posted here, very cool indeed!!!!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
How difficult is the install of the LED projectors compared to the DS2 3.0 I have been working on?

This would be a great way to save on some weight which is very important to me and highly likely longer life bulbs over the HID's.

Rick

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
The stock headlights literally must be cut open. It's quite a disaster if you haven't done it before.

I would hit up the Lighting Firm for experience with these lights: https://www.thelightingfirm.net/.

TLF gets a lot of the parts from us.
Ah... I thought you were showing us previews as a forthcoming vendor.

OP
T
Thread Starter #16
Ah... I thought you were showing us previews as a forthcoming vendor.
Unfortunately not. Given the complexity of a retrofit, the Fiesta isn't very popular. We do offer some sweet LED fog lights that bolt right up, however.

TheStig

Unfortunately not. Given the complexity of a retrofit, the Fiesta isn't very popular. We do offer some sweet LED fog lights that bolt right up, however.
Do this to TLF (The Lighting Firm) as mentioned above by Andrew and they can do whatever you please.

If you look here: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/3665-The-Great-Quest-for-Headlights/page38 Post #372 you can see the cost breakdown from TLF to do your lights. IIRC their $1,815 lights they list includes a brand new set of lights they supply.

OP
T
Thread Starter #19
Got some goodies back from paint, so I mocked up the finished look:

I then realized I was not happy with the RDX shroud finish being slightly more "matte" than the high beam, so I trimmed down a bullet which I thought was similar in shape and style. The result?

Bullet shroud looks great in there. This thread is really getting me excited about my future retrofit. Great work [thumb]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Fiesta ST Build Projects 14