Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My son bought a 2019 FiST

Hello Everyone,

My son just bought a 2019 FiST with 2000 miles. I've driven it a few times and I noticed that first gear is much more vibey than the other gears...it seems like the shifter moves and vibes a lot more in first gear than others. It doesn't do it all the time, it doesn't pop out of gear and it shifts great.

I called the dealer this morning but they cant get the car in for a week! Before scheduling the appt I wanted to inquire if this was normal?

We also plan to cobb tune the car later in the week and if it is not normal than we will wait to tune it before having the dealer inspect.

Please let me know. Car is awesome!

Could be that your experiencing the effects of the stock rear motor mount. The stock one is a known weak point and would explain your systems. After market rear mounts are a must for this car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Diving right into the rabbit hole! 1st mod=Rear motor mount. Go with a Whoosh from Ron or an AWR. This will reduce the shifter movement for sure.

1/2 hour to install a rmm typically. I'd say bite the bullet and upgrade all 3 to something aftermarket. The oem engine & trans mounts are notorious for being weak. Inserts on stock mounts help, but by design, they put more stress on the oil filled rubber bushings and shorten their longevity. Might take a couple hours to change out all three and the results are amazing! Crisp shifts, less torque steer and wheel hop. Personally, I love the added NVH. It makes driving a more visceral experience:D

1/2 hour to install a rmm typically. I'd say bite the bullet and upgrade all 3 to something aftermarket. The oem engine & trans mounts are notorious for being weak. Inserts on stock mounts help, but by design, they put more stress on the oil filled rubber bushings and shorten their longevity. Might take a couple hours to change out all three and the results are amazing! Crisp shifts, less torque steer and wheel hop. Personally, I love the added NVH. It makes driving a more visceral experience:D
Just FYI for op, I have PowerFlex inserts and it improved shifting and wheel hop immensely. Mounts all the way around are awesome but pricey. Just a more affordable option if you’re not tracking the car

Just FYI for op, I have PowerFlex inserts and it improved shifting and wheel hop immensely. Mounts all the way around are awesome but pricey. Just a more affordable option if you’re not tracking the car

Agreed(y)

Go as far as to uninstall the ap, the ap locks out obd scanners if they should hook one up. Dealerships can freeze frame data from before you brought it in. Again they typically do this only if they have reason to believe you tuned it. It’s federal law also that to void a factory warranty the part in question had to directly cause the failure. I.E a motor mount won’t cause the turbo to fail.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
My Daughters 2019 and my 2016 have never shown this problem, perhaps you have a defective OEM RMM. 36K on mine and never any transmission issues of clunking or vibrations. When I bought mine I thought from reading the comments on the Forum a RMM change would be needed, but have never had an issue. My daughter's is at 7K and has no issues. I suspect many of the cars with this issue on the Forum are used harder than most and more modified than my MP215, also mine nor my daughters cars have ever had a drop the clutch start from a standstill and never will, we do our hard driving on curvy mountain roads. If your Son is more into street/track racing a stiffer one may be in order. Either way, I would suggest you get Ford to resolve your issues before modding the car. May prevent possible warranty issues later. Good luck!