Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

“””Mystery button”””

15fiestast recently bought car preowned have a weird button with flashing green light above the footrest anyone know what it is!? image.jpg

Thats the alarm they try to sell you. All cars around here have them. The dealer installs them to help protect their cars on the lot. Then when you come along, they try to sell it to you. If you buy it stays active, if not, they disable. Its still wired into the car so it stays. Sucks but I have yet to see a dealer around Southern California without something similar.

Thats the alarm they try to sell you. All cars around here have them. The dealer installs them to help protect their cars on the lot. Then when you come along, they try to sell it to you. If you buy it stays active, if not, they disable. Its still wired into the car so it stays. Sucks but I have yet to see a dealer around Southern California without something similar.
This. Requires a chip to allow you to start the car without the remote that is used to disable it. Can't say I've seen cars sold without it, like said it's hardwired in.