Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Name the part/part number

Hi everyone,

Looking for some help on this one before I look silly going to the Ford dealer asking them for parts that I cannot name. Here is the situation:

I installed the boomba transmission adapter and bushings the other night and in the process broke two parts.

The first is a plastic clip that appears to hold the clutch cable to a threaded linkage. To those of you who have done these mods it is yellow in color plastic clip on the cable not hooked to the shift arm from the gearbox. It did not respond well to my persuasion when I took it off. Anyone know what this plastic thing is called so I can get a new one from Ford? I am attaching a picture I found online showing the cable but not the part I need. Hopefully it helps with identification and I apologize in advance if my assessment of what it is happens to be is completely off-base.

The second part is a small switch/sensor that sits right next to the hood latch. I imagine it tells the car if the hood is popped. The plastic was no match for my body weight leaning on it. Super glue is holding it in place...for now.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the help in advance,

William

edit: On boomba's directions I found a picture of the clip. This might help folks so I am attaching it.

Attachments

OP
W
Thread Starter #2
Just to update anyone who may have read my dilemma...

I took a trip to the dealer this morning and it seems that if I want to replace the plastic clip and the switch which is part of the "anti-theft system" I would have to buy the entire shifter and clutch cable assembly and the entire hood latch assembly. After taxes I would be looking at about $150 to replace a switch worth no more than $10 and a plastic clip worth half of that. The guy working in parts said "Ford is like that" when I asked astonishingly about having to buy the entire assembly for both parts.

I left the dealer defeated without ordering the parts. I went home and reenforced my repairs because I refuse to do something so asinine as to order entire assemblies just for a plastic switch and a plastic clip. I can honestly say I have never had this kind of difficulty with any other vehicle I have owned. Granted this is my first Ford and I like the FiST, but I wish Ford made it easier for me to clean up my mess.

Lesson here folks: Be careful what you lean on and how much persuasion you put into things because it may cost you more than you expect to replace that piece of plastic.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Sorry to hear of your dilemma.
However that is the way things are in todays world.
In many cases you can no longer buy just a small part but must buy complete assemblies.
Ford has been doing this for some time now.

I will provide you another example on the FiST.

Due to an unfortunate accident caused by me while working on my car.
I popped off one of the rocker molding trims.
In so doing, some of the 10 plastic attaching clips were broken.
I went to my dealer to purchase some of these clips.
Only to find that they were not sold separately and you must buy the complete rocker molding at about $400.00.
Then of course it would need to be painted.

My point is again, that this is the way things are today.

Dave

mrtn

Had the same situation with doing the boomba short shifter. Break one small piece and you need to buy the whole gear shift assembly (bonus is it apparently comes with a shift boot and gear knob so you can have spares.
Try Steve at Tasca. Ford quoted me $238 CAD for a plastic trim piece. Steve got it for $145 CAD.

OP
W
Thread Starter #5
Thanks guys. It is comforting to know I am not the only one who has screwed something up when it comes to building on the FiST. My rigged repair is holding so I am content with leaving things as-is. I will, of course, re-evaluate if need be. I guess I was expecting small parts to be easily attained all be it at a marked up to high heaven rate.

When I broke a valve cover bolt on my Chevy Cavalier doing the gasket it was as simple as going to Chevy and ordering a bolt. Ford may also be able to get bolts, but if not I would be furious if I had to order an entire valve cover for one bolt.

Anyways thanks again and mod on [biggrin].

XuperXero

I broke the yellow plastic clip as well. Only the outer portion. The inner portion is still intact and I just put it back in. Seems to be holding up well.