Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need advice with valve cover and ID part that holds the camshaft position sensor

Ok so over the past few weeks i started getting a whiff of a burning oil smell. I looked in my engine bay and you can see some sort of oil leak and build up around the valve cover. Since the gasket is the cheapest part to replace i decided to might as well just replace it incase that was the reason for the odor. As i was putting things away again i noticed that there was some sort of crack or chip on the part that holds the camshaft position sensor. i think this could be the original cause of burning oil smell and where the leak was coming from. i decided to put the valve cover back on and was torquing it to the specs that were shown on ALLDATA and i seemed to get no sort of feedback from my wrench which lead to me over torquing a nut. Half the nut is on the cover and it seems like another bolt i did got contorted also.

Would you recommend to just get a new valve cover all together? also would you guys happen to know the ID or part number that holds onto the camshaft position sensor?

ill try and post some pics