Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need Help Please

Konariffic

So I hit a deer a few months ago with no insurance. Just want to make sure I don't miss anything with what I need, and I figured you guys were way smarter than me. Here is everything I know I need. Also that wire plugin in attached to the batter cable in the picture goes to the intake correct? If anyone has any parts that I need for sale please let me know.

Thank you guys in advance! IMG_3898.JPG IMG_3897.JPG IMG_3896.JPG IMG_3899.JPG

-Bumper Cover
-Fender
-Door
-Washer Fluid Resivoir
-Batter
-Intake
-Plastic top valance by hood latch
-Knee Airbag

xxiaze

So sorry man... but yes that’s the MAF connector that plugs into the intake box area. You’ll just have to start ripping into it and find out what’s all broken as you go and piece it together. Your list is a decent start but you’ll find more than what can be seen clearly in the pictures. Check your radiator, condenser, coolant lines, AC lines. Need a headlight and radiator support. List incomplete but I’d say just start gutting that area and take the bumper off to get a start. Clean it up and use area detail views on TASCA or Ford related parts sellers for an area view of components as you go. Check all wiring for damage and nicks. Let us know what end up happening. You might be better off parting it out and just getting another one tbh. That’s a hard choice.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
What? They don't require the deer in Wisconsin to have insurance before they get on the road?

Sorry, you just teed it up so I had to take the shot. I've had a deer take out the front of a pickup truck before, so I know your pain.

Lot of parts missing in what I can see in the photo. Agree with the idea of looking on Tascaparts.com diagrams, but also finding another FiST to look at would help.

Hey man! I just rebuilt a salvage title ST, as seen in my avatar, and can give you some advice and help. If you have the patience you can find most of the stuff you need from a junk/salvage yard. car-part.com and autowrecking.com are great resources as well as LKQ. The one piece I struggled with was the bumper cover. I couldn't find a used version within driving distance and they won't ship them. I finally just bought a ford oem and a buddy helped me paint it. Beyond your list I'd guess you'll need a fender liner(new ones are actually cheap) and the plastic guards that connect to the bottom of the bumper. Think of it like adult legos, haha. Feel free to direct message me with any specific questions too.

OP
K

Konariffic

Thread Starter #6
Hey man! I just rebuilt a salvage title ST, as seen in my avatar, and can give you some advice and help. If you have the patience you can find most of the stuff you need from a junk/salvage yard. car-part.com and autowrecking.com are great resources as well as LKQ. The one piece I struggled with was the bumper cover. I couldn't find a used version within driving distance and they won't ship them. I finally just bought a ford oem and a buddy helped me paint it. Beyond your list I'd guess you'll need a fender liner(new ones are actually cheap) and the plastic guards that connect to the bottom of the bumper. Think of it like adult legos, haha. Feel free to direct message me with any specific questions too.
Thank you! Im sure I will be in contact!

OP
K

Konariffic

Thread Starter #7
What? They don't require the deer in Wisconsin to have insurance before they get on the road?

Sorry, you just teed it up so I had to take the shot. I've had a deer take out the front of a pickup truck before, so I know your pain.

Lot of parts missing in what I can see in the photo. Agree with the idea of looking on Tascaparts.com diagrams, but also finding another FiST to look at would help.

lolololololololol! Thank you for the tips!

OP
K

Konariffic

Thread Starter #8
So sorry man... but yes that’s the MAF connector that plugs into the intake box area. You’ll just have to start ripping into it and find out what’s all broken as you go and piece it together. Your list is a decent start but you’ll find more than what can be seen clearly in the pictures. Check your radiator, condenser, coolant lines, AC lines. Need a headlight and radiator support. List incomplete but I’d say just start gutting that area and take the bumper off to get a start. Clean it up and use area detail views on TASCA or Ford related parts sellers for an area view of components as you go. Check all wiring for damage and nicks. Let us know what end up happening. You might be better off parting it out and just getting another one tbh. That’s a hard choice.

Thank you! I was looking at a salvaged ST on copart that only went for 2250 but the whole front end was good, but I missed out on that. Yeah, Im torn on what to do if I should part it out or try fixing it. Ill tear into it more and get everything figured out!

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Like JJ, I'm also rebuilding a salvage that I bought at copart. Mine has been front end repairs - impact sensors, airbags, seatbelt, radiator and support, etc....let me know if you have questions as well. JJ and I have PMed back and forth and both helped each other as well.

Ford Community Posts