Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need help

I’m trying to makes my transmission last it’s a powershift dual clutch I’m not having any issues with her but I know if I wanna get more out of it ill have to work on that at some point so any place I can order some please Lmk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
There is absolutely nothing you can do with that transmission. Honestly it is one of the worst decisions Ford ever made. With that said they seem to last longer on the fiesta than they do the focus. That is because the fiesta is lighter and makes less power.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

OP
Slowsmoke247
Thread Starter #3
Thanks @Ford ST but let’s say I buy a new DCT for the trains would it extended the transmission life ? I don’t slam gears which is what I feel like you could trash the transmission quickly since it’s already trash but it I drive it work work as a daily would it last 5 to 10 years if I kept up with it

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The most important thing about this transmission is never hold the car on a hill with the gas pedal always hold the car with the brake.

OP
Slowsmoke247
Thread Starter #5
Thanks @Ford ST thats give me hope I normally drive regular and when I wanna go fast I make a complete stop and switch it into spots mode I also give me the ability to shift manual and I’ve gotten completely comfortable driving that way when I’m zooming but I know when I downshift it’s not perfect so I’m reframing from using the manual because I know I’ll just shorten the life of my transmission if I keep it up but I wanted to put an St turbo kit to get that sound I want but I’ve been told it won’t fit

Attachments

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Is it because of the manifold? @Ford ST
They are not the same engine. Even if you did get it to fit your engine was not built to deal with boost, and you would also have to find a tuner that could tune it. It would also destroy your transmission.

OP
Slowsmoke247
Thread Starter #9
I found this but it only says I can use parts that belong to the body trying to add other engine parts together is slow is there anything I can do besides the air intake since I can’t have a turbo 🥲🤣 @Ford ST @Dialcaliper @dhminer @NATYPE @Fiestig @Jabbit

Attachments

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I found this but it only says I can use parts that belong to the body trying to add other engine parts together is slow is there anything I can do besides the air intake since I can’t have a turbo 🥲🤣 @Ford ST @Dialcaliper @dhminer @NATYPE @Fiestig @Jabbit
Probably not much you can do to add power nor do I know if you’ll be able to find someone that can tune it. You could always put an ST engine like @Mike King did but that’s intense

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Probably not much you can do to add power nor do I know if you’ll be able to find someone that can tune it. You could always put an ST engine like @Mike King did but that’s intense
I bought an ST insurance wreck and converted my sedan to ST spec with everything I could, the entire powertrain, suspension and even interior including the nav, apple car play and so on. I love ripping 3rd gear tires loose with my E30 tune from Jason. I'll upgrade to big turbo when the time is right. I love that even right now, I can merge onto the freeway at over 100mph if I need to get into fast traffic.

OP
Slowsmoke247
Thread Starter #12
I bought an ST insurance wreck and converted my sedan to ST spec with everything I could, the entire powertrain, suspension and even interior including the nav, apple car play and so on. I love ripping 3rd gear tires loose with my E30 tune from Jason. I'll upgrade to big turbo when the time is right. I love that even right now, I can merge onto the freeway at over 100mph if I need to get into fast traffic.
Damn I’m thinking of doing something similar to my 2016 Ford Fiesta S but I’m setting with all of this instead

Attachments

OP
Slowsmoke247
Thread Starter #13
gonna have to get the HPS short ram intake instead of that K&N tho unless I get this one but is out of stock currently 49013052-0B5A-464E-AA9C-B0C70A0364C2.jpeg

OP
Slowsmoke247
Thread Starter #15

Attachments