Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 2019 Fiesta ST owner in Ohio.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Welcome to the machine.

DENIED! Just sparklers

July 9, 2021 COLUMBUS, Ohio β€” Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine on Friday vetoed Senate Bill 113, also known as the "Revise the Fireworks Law," which would have made changes regarding Ohio fireworks safety laws. The bill would have allowed Ohioans to set off fireworks on certain holidays, removing a decades-long ban. It also would have expanded the allowable square footage of fireworks stores.

Attachments

Intuit

3000 Post Club
@flbchbm - People setting off ridiculously large fireworks, and those setting off louder ones until the wee-hours of the morning sparked petitions to the Governor to have the bill denied. In other words, the relative few, ruined it for the many. Ultimately though, outside of retailers I don't think it'll have an impact on the issues. People need to realize that *itching on social media does little in comparison to getting off the phone/computer/ass to actually talk to their neighbors. Too much like common sense though. It's easier to hide behind a keyboard. πŸ˜‹

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
@flbchbm - People setting off ridiculously large fireworks, and those setting off louder ones until the wee-hours of the morning sparked petitions to the Governor to have the bill denied. In other words, the relative few, ruined it for the many. Ultimately though, outside of retailers I don't think it'll have an impact on the issues. People need to realize that *itching on social media does little in comparison to getting off the phone/computer/ass to actually talk to their neighbors. Too much like common sense though. It's easier to hide behind a keyboard. πŸ˜‹
bad apple....That's how it usually is. Just like the VA tint law I posted about before. The problem wasn't so much the tint than the bad apple behind the limo tint with a gun. The trooper standing directly facing the limo-tinted window didn't help either. Now all police approach from the reverse angle...the law? Still on the books. 50% front / 35% rear.

keyboard warriors...too many of those. I checked out the app NextDoor....ugh...I can't take all the whining, bleeding hearts and Karen's...and Ken's.

I haven't even bought fireworks in years. I can but, just haven't. Not enough interest, but I love the major fireworks noises more than personal fireworks. Must have been the 5"/54 cal that did it for me.

Attachments

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Yeah we're literally wired to complain, as well as listen to complaints... human nature in other words. As problem solvers, participating in a car forum, we can certainly appreciate that. I think "the problem" begins for most people, when we don't necessarily agree that there is one, or the way in which it is being presented or handled. "Freedom" within reason, means allowing others to engage in activities that we don't necessarily like or agree with. There are many that don't seem to understand that concept.

Is that a Finnish flag on that Destroyer?? πŸ™‚
EDIT: Not finnish per image search... looks very familiar though... just not placing it at the moment.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I love the major fireworks noises more than personal fireworks. Must have been the 5"/54 cal that did it for me.
Must be that after being near those monsters for long enough left you with only enough hearing at all (even WITH whatever protection the Navy provided) to be able to hear the major, commercial fireworks.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Hardly. I always used protection, lol. I started using earplugs at concerts and louds bars in the early 90's. I lost my left-side hearing from SSHL (google it) in 2012, otherwise, I have great hearing for what I was around all those years.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Yeah we're literally wired to complain, as well as listen to complaints... human nature in other words. As problem solvers, participating in a car forum, we can certainly appreciate that. I think "the problem" begins for most people, when we don't necessarily agree that there is one, or the way in which it is being presented or handled. "Freedom" within reason, means allowing others to engage in activities that we don't necessarily like or agree with. There are many that don't seem to understand that concept.

Is that a Finnish flag on that Destroyer?? πŸ™‚
EDIT: Not finnish per image search... looks very familiar though... just not placing it at the moment.
Nope. Those are different signal flags and each has a meaning. I was a Gunners Mate on the forward mount (think electro-hydraulics, although I did small arms and then was a small arms instructor & Range Master later in the Reserves) That was my first ship and my first cruise was to the Persian Gulf. Ports of call: Pakistan, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Portugal, Spain, & Italy. Good times! Except sea sickness my first time out (sea trials out of the Philly Shipyard) Second time was just a total blah feeling. Zaps your energy more than a day in the sun.
Naval flag signalling - Wikipedia