Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

new axle seal

replaced pass axle seal. old fudd here so i used permatex aviation sealer on the outside and lubed the seal lip with lubriplate. ....this would be the second time i filled the trans with the ford dctf. throughout most of my life i have filled the trans or pumpkin right up to the edge of the fill plug. i cant help but wonder what other manufactors suggest with this getrag pos.....thanks for any and all replies, good or bad. boyracer

haste

1000 Post Club
two quarts/two liters/two bottles whatever, and done.

Don't worry about filling it up to the hole. just two bottles.

Is the question specific to quantity of fluid? If so, as said above, 2 qts is good. I believe Ford said to fill to 1/4” below the fill hole, and 2 quarts basically gets you there if you sufficiently drained everything

throughout most of my life i have filled the trans or pumpkin right up to the edge of the fill plug.
Same here. Why would Getrag design a side fill and then not spec fill to the edge? Only conclusion that makes sense is in order to eke out fractional MPG gain by minimizing fluid friction loss Ford calculated or tested to a lower level of fluid the bearings would survive. Personally tested this theory, mine has been filled until it dripped for over 15k with no issues, shifting may be slightly improved as well. Peace of mind, couldn't care less about fractional MPG, do care about longevity of the transmission. Quantity required was ~2.3 liters.

Last edited: