Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Coilovers excessive tire squeal

So I just got around putting some miles on my new KSport coilovers after installing them. The car sat for a while before I got to drive it around and I still haven’t gotten an alignment yet. It’s lowered about 3/4” from stock and I set the adjustable end links to the stock length when I installed them. The car rides ok but I feel like it is crashing over the bumps on the road.

I am not sure if it’s the characteristics of a lowered car or not but I noticed that there’s some excessive tire squeals when I am turning on a on ramp. I’m taking the same sweeping turns around 35-40mph as I did with stock suspension and the tires are squealing loud and it never did this before. I am still on stock Bridgestone re050. Would an alignment fix this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

So I just got around putting some miles on my new KSport coilovers after installing them. The car sat for a while before I got to drive it around and I still haven’t gotten an alignment yet. It’s lowered about 3/4” from stock and I set the adjustable end links to the stock length when I installed them. The car rides ok but I feel like it is crashing over the bumps on the road.

I am not sure if it’s the characteristics of a lowered car or not but I noticed that there’s some excessive tire squeals when I am turning on a on ramp. I’m taking the same sweeping turns around 35-40mph as I did with stock suspension and the tires are squealing loud and it never did this before. I am still on stock Bridgestone re050. Would an alignment fix this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check the inner splash shield on the fender for wear. Also check the fender for wear along with the tire. The fenders may need to be rolled out. An alignment check should be the first thing you do when replacing any major suspension component. $100 spent is better than $300-400 on new tires because the alignment was off.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

kevinatfms

Photos can be misleading, but it looks like you have positive camber in the rear. Could you post a picture from the rear?
Car has a torsion beam rear axle. Unless he bent it or installed camber plates there is zero adjustment in the rear for camber.