Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New engine block and bearings availability

eq5

Is anyone aware, can you order new naked engine block and main bearings separately from somewhere? Service manual suggest to match green, blue, yellow bearings to achieve required oil clearance, but Ford dealers in Europe say they can't order any.

Also what is approximate new short engine(block and internals) price over there?

OP
eq5

eq5

Thread Starter #3
If you can access the website, you can look the parts up on www.tascaparts.com . A short block from them is $1088.67, which includes a $500 core charge. Just a cylinder block is $325.29.
With most prices I look at, I get a feeling I am on the wrong continent...

However still can't find main bearings for 1.6 DI Ecoboost Turbo. All rod bearings show as "With Turbo", but all the mains are showing "Without Turbo" (even when Fiesta ST has been chosen).

Any suggestions?

20191122_215328.jpg

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Pumaspeed sell blocks over there.

Sent from my SM-A205U1 using Tapatalk

OP
eq5

eq5

Thread Starter #6
After some investigation it seems that all Fords with 1.25-1.6 engines in the last 10 years use the same main bearings. Housing is 54mm and crank journal is 48mm. King for example offers aftermarket ones, both normal and racing versions: http://www.king-catalog.com/Catalog/Set/MB5009XP

Pumaspeed has been trying to source used engines to build their blocks on, only a complete engine is something they seem to offer as new.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
After some investigation it seems that all Fords with 1.25-1.6 engines in the last 10 years use the same main bearings. Housing is 54mm and crank journal is 48mm. King for example offers aftermarket ones, both normal and racing versions: http://www.king-catalog.com/Catalog/Set/MB5009XP

Pumaspeed has been trying to source used engines to build their blocks on, only a complete engine is something they seem to offer as new.
This is one of the reasons I had to cancel my order with pumaspeed. It took them almost 3 weeks to source a suitable block and by then the build time would have exceeded my availability so I ended up going with mountune. There's plenty blocks in the us right now but Europe is hurting for them.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk