Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New exhaust hangers with Milltek exhaust

I’m wondering if anyone has put Whoosh hangers onto the Milltek cat back. The hanger hole is a lot smaller than the Milltek hanger. If you did get them on, how did you do it???

Seems like it is possible with the stock exhaust, but I’m not so sure about the Milltek!

Pics for reference. 1st is stock hanger. 2nd is Milltek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Dubcc
Thread Starter #2
Not sure why this went into the suspensions brakes and chassis forum

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Had the same issue with my Mountune. Grab some lotion or petroleum jelly and lather both up, then slide on with as much force as you can. Did it under the car and my hands hurt like hell but it's doable. If you're really really struggling you can buy an exhaust hanger tool

OP
Dubcc
Thread Starter #4
So I have the hanger removal tool. I’m trying to figure out if it’s possible to use it to put the hangers back on. Thanks for your reply!

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
So I have the hanger removal tool. I’m trying to figure out if it’s possible to use it to put the hangers back on. Thanks for your reply!

Of course! Besides that the best advice I have is elbow grease. Good luck!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have the Lisle hanger tool and I could not get my hand to have enough force to push the handles to get the Whoosh hanger to go on the mount of the CP-E Nexus system with them, since the handles were close to a foot apart.

(I was working with the car on the ground, so ZERO room to move/get ANY leverage/get both hands on the handles for more torque.)

I just struggled with them by hand until they finally went on the mounts.

If I ever do this again, I will just use the biggest Channel Locks I can find, like Dubcc did above. [wink]

OP
Dubcc
Thread Starter #8
I would definitely recommend channel locks and grease. Put the hangers on the exhaust first and then when you are under the car the hangers slide onto the car hangers fairly easily. When I say that I mean I was sweating bullets for a minute trying to get the muffler section fit into the midpipe and then into a hanger. I did this by myself. Wasn’t too bad. Hardest part was definitely getting the hangers onto the exhaust. I can’t believe how much slop was in the stock hangers. Thanks Ron for the Whoosh hangers and the Milltek exhaust!

I was on the floor too. 4 jack stands. There was not a whole lot of room.

Yes I have the Whoosh hangers on a milltek exhaust, use the tool and some grease

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I must be strong for an old man
When installing Milltek on our orange car, I just placed a dab of silicone grease on the metal hanger and just pushed and twisted at the same time
Wasn't hard at all
All the pics on the Milltek listing on our site are whoosh yellow hangers on the US Spec Milltek