Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Fiesta ST Owner, Coming from WRX and Miata ND

Hello forum- i am the new proud owner of a 2017 Fiesta ST- platinum white with black wheels as the only options. I previously owned a 2016 Subaru WRX and a 2016 Miata ND. My reason for getting a Fiesta ST is it is going to be my semi-retirement daily driver commuter car. My semi-retirement is going from a 65 hour 6 day a week job to 5 day a week job 40 hours. The commute is far from my current commute and i needed a fun good gas mileage economy car (with M/T) and choose the Fiesta ST. I love high performance smaller cars- I have owned a few Civic SI's, Miatas and WRX's. I cashed in on my 2016 WRX to get the Fiesta ST. The WRX had a lot of raw power, was roomy and fun to drive and it got good gas mileage although the payments were high and I elected to cash out of it. I got the ST for a great price and it will save me on payments alone and also get good MPG for my new long commute. In the end it was between a used Miata and the ST- I choose the ST for practicality- I can put my Yakima rack on it and haul my kayak or bicycle and still be able to load it up inside for my fun weekend outings. And it's small enough to be nimble, fun to drive.

I had to go north 100 miles to get it as in my community there are so few manuals as the old people here cannot drive them. I'll probably have the only one around.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome! The FiST is hard to beat for fun+practicality. A lot of people here came from faster cars. They just weren't as fun to drive.

Business6

Coming from 3 Miatas myself, welcome! Also, the additional practicality is amazing when you consider the FiST is only 5" longer than the ND. There are a lot of former/current Miata drivers here which says a lot about the FiST :D