Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Fiesta ST owner_Kaiserslautern, Germany

Hello Everyone,
I purchased my first new car, a 2016 Ford Fiesta ST just before new years. I've been lurking around this site since December. So I guess it's time I introduced myself. I love the car so far. It's a bit smaller that my '05 Mazda3 hatch, that's my only small complaint so far. I just got the car back on Friday after nearly a month in the repair shop after sliding into a curb during a bad snow storm here in Germany in the beginning of January. Parts take a bit to get here since it is a US spec car.
-Matt

Are you Military? My wife was stationed at Landstuhl for a few years. My hope is to one day take the FiST to the Nurburgring.

I used to live in Baumholder. Welcome aboard, have fun on the A6 and A67, and go to Nurburgring!

OP
H
Thread Starter #9
Yes I'm in the military. USAF stationed on Ramstein.

OP
H
Thread Starter #10
Yes, I'm stationed at Ramstein AB. I see cars every so often that have the Nurburgring sticker on the car. Maybe I can get one of those on mine.

Yes, I'm stationed at Ramstein AB. I see cars every so often that have the Nurburgring sticker on the car. Maybe I can get one of those on mine.
It's about a 2 and a half hour drive from Rammstein. Go on a saturday, and plan on spending the day even if you do not plant drive the 'Ring. Their "mall" at the track is amazing, prices weren't crazy either. Me and my buddies would go on a Friday night after work and camp out near the Br?nnchen/Pflanzgarten (16-17km marks) area over night.

OP
H
Thread Starter #13
That sounds like it would be a lot of fun. My boys would have a great time doing that. It looks like their website looks pretty informative. Does slower traffic move to the side of they are being passed? Also, do they time your laps for you?

Last time I drove on it, in 2007, they didn't time it for you. There were rules about slower traffic, although I cannot remember them. There used to be a very good British-ran site that had all the little details about everything 'Ring-related...I think this is it, but am not sure:

http://nurburgring.org.uk/beginners.php