Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New FIST owner from Metro Detroit area

My 14, 2019 I picked up a new 2019 Fiesta ST in Magnetic Gray. It's the first new car I've treated myself to in 34 years. Knew right off the bat that the 205/45-17 wheels and tires wouldn't last a month on Michigan roadways. So as soon as I knew I was pulling the trigger on the Fiesta I got on Summit Racing and ordered up a set of 16 x 7 rims for the Fiesta. Then I got online and picked out the tires to go with the new wheels. As for the 17's, they are in the loft of my garage.

BTW, anyone in any other state should come to Michigan just once. Once you see the result of allowing 170,000 lbs. semi's and NOT spending the tax dollars that were aimed to fix the rods for over 30 years you'll come to the conclusion that the roads where you live are wonderful. Yeah, Michigan roads really are the worst in the Nation.

BTW, at 64 years old I've been itching for something with a stick to drive and since my first car was a 1970 Beetle I wanted something close to that in size. My serach for a new car ended as soon as I came on the Fiesta ST. IMO it is the finest bang for the buck that can be found in the entire automotive world. Enough performance to blow the doors of of any US made vehicle between 1974 and about 1990 and it squeezes every ounce of gasoline twice when you are just cruising along. Actually I think that off the line the ST just might give the 1976 Porsche Turbo a pretty good run.

PS; my other new car purchase back in 1985 and it's still in my garage. Note, the powertrain has been improved a bit.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
My 14, 2019 I picked up a new 2019 Fiesta ST in Magnetic Gray. It's the first new car I've treated myself to in 34 years..... my other new car purchase back in 1985 and it's still in my garage. Note, the powertrain has been improved a bit.
Congrats on a Grey '19! Like you, only my 2nd new vehicle ever. First was an '87 Supercab Ranger w/v-6, manual and VINYL seats...lol Long gone.

Attachments