Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New from North Texas!

Hi everyone, recently I bought a 2017 Shadow Black Fiesta ST! It's a bit of a long story, but I never expected to end up buying one of these. I'm coming from a 2003 Mach 1 Mustang, hence the name R Code. It all started with a funny thought that I could now afford a new car. After test driving the two I was set on a Boss or 15+ GT. Well, I came to think that people were asking way to much for Boss's and I just wasn't sure about the GT. I wanted something a little bit more on the rare/special side.

I loved my Mach 1, especially since it was my first car and I did not want to let it go. That's when I thought about buying something used and cheap so the Mach 1 could be stored during school. The ST's were the first two cars I thought of. A few days later I test drove an Ecoboost Mustang (Why not?) and then the two ST's back to back. I thought I would like the Focus better, but as it turns out I prefer a nimble and lighter feeling car than one with lots of torque steer!

Unfortunately, the numbers for storing the Mustang, buying another car and insuring both would be too much. Plus, the Mustang would lose its luster as I drive a much more modern car. So brand new Fiesta it was, but it would have to go the way I wanted it too for me to pull the trigger. It would be magnetic, black wheels and have Recaros. Except none of those existed within 250 miles. After finding one in black, a car color I despise for never looking clean we went to talk numbers. In short, they amazingly gave me exactly the number I wanted for my car with 0% interest. I hated giving up the Mustang, but it felt so good to be able to pull off buying a brand new car with no interest at my age without needing any sort of financial help.

Any way, no idea if I will modify this car too much or not. I am definitely adding a sub and new speakers because I love my music, and will be great on a long commute. I do want some more turbo noise however the BOV's I have heard are a little bit to much for me. For some reason this car came from the dealer with the Ford Performance carbon fiber shift knob, but I won't complain! I look forward to owning this car and learning more from.

Some pictures I took day one, the car now has tint and I deleted the Fiesta badge.

And one of the Mustang

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Welcome to the forum!

I've noticed that the Boomba BOV adapters are much quieter if you keep the stock paper filter in.

DaveG99

Welcome. Im in North Texad as well. You coming on the north texas ST cruise? Its nov 3rd through 5th. Also join north texas st group on facebook

OP
RCode
Thread Starter #16
It's a lot of work but I love the FiST in Black. Welcome. I'm a North Texan too.
I spent all morning yesterday getting this car clean just for it to get dusty today, you can't win! I'm actually in McKinney as well, good chance I'll be seeing you around. I don't think I've ever seen another FiST on the road though, just Focus ST/RS's.

Welcome to the forum!

I've noticed that the Boomba BOV adapters are much quieter if you keep the stock paper filter in.
I'll have to look into that, thanks!

Welcome. Im in North Texad as well. You coming on the north texas ST cruise? Its nov 3rd through 5th. Also join north texas st group on facebook
I'm not on Facebook, but I'll look into it. I'm going to be very busy for awhile but that sounds like a lot of fun. Where do you guys cruise?

Thanks for the welcoming everyone!

I'm over in the historic district. I commute to Dallas daily and have started seeing a few different FiST. This morning I ran across a Molten Orange one with a SCCA sticker(I think) on the back window.

DaveG99

We are starting the cruise in Fort Smith Arkansas and driving for 2 days in the ozark mountains. Gorgeous scenery and fun twisty roads! This will be our 4th cruise and we do it twice a year. I just made a post about it.
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...ise-Through-the-Mountains?p=255707#post255707

Also every tuesday evening at 7pm we have a meet at Erberts and GErberts sandwhich shop in Plano.

Congrats on your new ride! The black on black looks good with the red calipers. See you around! [driving]