Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New guy from Az

Hop

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Hey everyone. I am new to the forum. I have been toying around with the idea of picking up an ST as a commuter/daily driver. Right now my GF and I have a lifted Tundra and a Kia Forte. She wants some kind of SUV so we might trade the truck in for that, and I'll use the Kia as a trade-in (though not worth much) to pick up a car. I was looking around at what might a be a fairly cheap yet fun car, and I came across the ST. I never saw myself ever driving a ford car until now.

I am hooked and really want an ST now. Still looking at what year I should try and get. Obviously the newer the better to get a couple more bells and whistles but that isn't always true. I found one I kind of have my eye on, a 2015 with only 60k miles on it.. but I am open to any suggestions.

I don't plan to track or rally the car, but I would like to eventually get some decent power out of it, probably keeping it sub 300hp as I could see where going over that would start to challenge the reliability of the engine etc. I want the exhaust to sound good, maybe pop a larger turbo in down the road. I love the sound of a good blow off valve.. Not looking for too many body mods as I don't want to dump a bunch of money into paint etc until everything is complete.

Hoping to learn a lot on here and maybe bump into some fellow Az dwellers!

thanks!

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Welcome if you can afford to pay more I recommend you get a late 16-19. Though the newer the better likely to have lower mileage and still be clean and less abused.

OP
Hop

Hop

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #4
Welcome if you can afford to pay more I recommend you get a late 16-19. Though the newer the better likely to have lower mileage and still be clean and less abused.
Thanks, yeah I am looking for an 18 or 19. I'll take whatever is a good deal, but ideally the newer the better. The car is becoming harder and harder to find and the ones I do see have been modded already which means someone already beat the brakes off it. I'd rather get one bone stock and beat the piss out of it myself. At least then, I know what went into it.

I found one I kind of have my eye on, a 2015 with only 60k miles on it.. but I am open to any suggestions.
2016+ models have Sync3 which is Android Auto/Apple CarPlay compatible. It's possible to retrofit 2014 and 2015 models with Sync3 but you'll have to hunt down the parts and spend several hundred dollars that could be spent on other mods.

2016+ models also have revised rear spring rates that smooth out the ride a bit, although that might not matter if the springs/struts need to be replaced anyway depending on mileage.

Hey everyone. I am new to the forum. I have been toying around with the idea of picking up an ST as a commuter/daily driver. Right now my GF and I have a lifted Tundra and a Kia Forte. She wants some kind of SUV so we might trade the truck in for that, and I'll use the Kia as a trade-in (though not worth much) to pick up a car. I was looking around at what might a be a fairly cheap yet fun car, and I came across the ST. I never saw myself ever driving a ford car until now.

I am hooked and really want an ST now. Still looking at what year I should try and get. Obviously the newer the better to get a couple more bells and whistles but that isn't always true. I found one I kind of have my eye on, a 2015 with only 60k miles on it.. but I am open to any suggestions.

I don't plan to track or rally the car, but I would like to eventually get some decent power out of it, probably keeping it sub 300hp as I could see where going over that would start to challenge the reliability of the engine etc. I want the exhaust to sound good, maybe pop a larger turbo in down the road. I love the sound of a good blow off valve.. Not looking for too many body mods as I don't want to dump a bunch of money into paint etc until everything is complete.

Hoping to learn a lot on here and maybe bump into some fellow Az dwellers!

thanks!
Welcome! I'm in Tucson. If you need help or have questions, I've done pretty much all the bolt-ons including bigger turbski. I check IG more often if you wanna add me it's tom_from_myspace_6669 and blk_turtle_69, just send me a message after you add me so I know it's you.

I would got 2016+ I think that's when you get Sync 3, and I believe that's also when they fixed some of the overheating issues that some had prior.

OP
Hop

Hop

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #7
Welcome! I'm in Tucson. If you need help or have questions, I've done pretty much all the bolt-ons including bigger turbski. I check IG more often if you wanna add me it's tom_from_myspace_6669 and blk_turtle_69, just send me a message after you add me so I know it's you.

I would got 2016+ I think that's when you get Sync 3, and I believe that's also when they fixed some of the overheating issues that some had prior.
Thx man, glad to see some locals. I would like to find an AZ ST group if there is one. I followed both your accounts on Insta. My account is rhopper85 but once I get my car I will probably make one for it.

Thx man, glad to see some locals. I would like to find an AZ ST group if there is one. I followed both your accounts on Insta. My account is rhopper85 but once I get my car I will probably make one for it.
I followed you back πŸ‘πŸ½. There is AZ RST, Tucson ST/RS(pretty dead lady I checked) on FB but I left the group, some of the dudes are cool, couple are tools. There are a couple good groups on FB that are not location related like fists of fury and fiesta st owners USA. Anyway, I'll message you on IG.