Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New here from Oregon

Just picked up a magnetic '16 with moon roof and sparcos about a week or two ago. Absolutely loving what this car has to offer.

I used to be into the Miata scene years ago, owned 2 NAs, modded, autocrossed, etc. Ended up needing something more practical so I slumped around in a stock 99 Subie Legacy Outback for a few years... Finally realized I wanted to have fun driving again and maybe hit up the coned parking lot so after months of searching around... here I am. I've been lurking for months but now that I own the car and want to get my hands dirty I figured I might as well make an account and start engaging in some conversations. [wave]

Zormecteon

Good choices in cars. I bought my Miata (NC-2) to supplement my Fiesta. The Fiesta is faster, quicker, has more space, better seats, better mileage and handles nearly as well, (I don't track my cars, but they both stick to the road more than my guts/ability to drive them). But the top doesn't go down on the Fiesta and I have to own a convertible. The Mazda feels more solid, better made and from what I've gleaned, bullet proof reliable.

OP
N
Thread Starter #6
Good choices in cars. I bought my Miata (NC-2) to supplement my Fiesta. The Fiesta is faster, quicker, has more space, better seats, better mileage and handles nearly as well, (I don't track my cars, but they both stick to the road more than my guts/ability to drive them). But the top doesn't go down on the Fiesta and I have to own a convertible. The Mazda feels more solid, better made and from what I've gleaned, bullet proof reliable.
That's one of the reasons I went with a moon roof. It's not nearly the same but it lets me reminisce to an extent. And yes, for a front wheel drive car the fiesta lets me go pretty hard on the back roads. Still getting used to the oversteer compared to the rwd but that's just a matter of time. It'll get better once I start upgrading the suspension and shoes.

Enjoy the Miata! They are definitely bulletproof.

Just picked up a magnetic '16 with moon roof and sparcos about a week or two ago. Absolutely loving what this car has to offer.

I used to be into the Miata scene years ago, owned 2 NAs, modded, autocrossed, etc. Ended up needing something more practical so I slumped around in a stock 99 Subie Legacy Outback for a few years... Finally realized I wanted to have fun driving again and maybe hit up the coned parking lot so after months of searching around... here I am. I've been lurking for months but now that I own the car and want to get my hands dirty I figured I might as well make an account and start engaging in some conversations. [wave]
Welcome, I’m new to the forums also. I owned a few miata’s also and turbo’ed my 94. never autox before but great cars none the less. Hope you enjoy your new ride.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

How does the NA compare to the Fiesta ST? Can you tell the Fiesta weighs nearly 600 LBS more?

Edit: I have always wanted to try an NA miata

OP
N
Thread Starter #13
How does the NA compare to the Fiesta ST? Can you tell the Fiesta weighs nearly 600 LBS more?

Edit: I have always wanted to try an NA miata
I can't give a real answer as I haven't really pushed the FiST around any corners too hard (winter in Oregon is all rain). The Miatas are RWD so the feel of the car is a lot different in pulls and turns. You're also sitting a lot higher in the FiST. Might be a personal thing but I'm used to being a lot closer to the floor of the car. I can definitely tell that it's heavier, but when in boost it's night and day faster.

It also depends on what year the Miata is. 90-93 were 1.6l and 94-97 were 1.8l (I had a 91 and a 94). If you're wanting to try one out, I'd recommend looking for a 1.8 and particularly a 94. (y)