Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New-ish Member And Mild Fast-Car/Motorcycle Enthusiast

Hey friends. ‘Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Stephen (first name Edsel, yes like the Ford), and I’m a proud owner of a ‘17 grey Ford Fiesta ST. ‘Currently a Pleasanton/NorCal resident.

‘looking forward to meeting our friends on the forum!

I have been ITCHING to, well, let’s say “enhance” the car and to wake it up a bit more. But in Cali, that’s kinda’ hard due to emission laws and all. What are my options? I really, really wish I can go Cobb Sta 2, but, well, California, you know?

Toughts? Advice?

History: former 01 Rave Green VW GTI owner (trashed in a rollover), 04 silver SVT Focus owner (sold to make room for a bike), 04 Dodge Neon SRT-4 owner (replaced the bike with that), former 06 BRG Mini Cooper S (midlife crisis—just kidding; traded it in because the cost of repairs was astronomical), former ‘16 grey Fiat 500 Abarth owner (cool unique car but the novelty faded, plus it started breaking down; traded for an ST). Now, Fiesta ST. As a total package, I think the Fiesta is the best all-around car I’ve ever owned. I would dare say it’s much more refined than the subcompact “econocar” classification would lead one to believe. Now, the worst car I’ve owned (sorry SRT-4 fans), the Dodge. Yea. The worst car I’ve owned. I’ve met some really cool enthusiasts. Great guys. But I pretty much hate the car.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard, are you able to get a canned tune from Cobb in CA?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
¡Bienvenido a la Fiesta!
Like MKVIIST said, Cobb is your best bet if you need CARB-legal stuff.
I spent much of my life in CA, and I love it, but I'm glad I can tune mine with 93 and the state doesn't even care.
Of course, the downside is idiots going catless, and rolling coal. So stupid. Disgusting.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Welcome, California person here, You have a 17 it’s technically got 3 more years before its first official smog test if it was sold in 17. 8 years before Smog tests from date of new. I own a 2018 currently running a S280 turbo with a custom tune. if you want to look completely stock run a stock downpipe but have more power than the stock turbo you could go hybrid. You can get a AP with the current Cobb stage 1 and 2 tunes and CoBB will even give you an E.O. sticker for your car with proof of purchase if you want to have proof.
Basically you cannot put a aftermarket downpipe on our cars and have it be legal . whether or not a tech looks for it is a whole other thing a lot of techs won’t bother the dick techs will. You can also buy a legal CARB E.O. Cobb 3 inch intake crossover pipe which will give you more performance as well. Also you can get a COBB CARB legal intercooler or the Mountune bar and plate which is also CARB legal . Though most techs really do not care about intercoolers. The main thing is for it to look relatively stock under hood. .