Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

***New Lower Price on TTR Mounts***

Trader history for TurboTechRacing (0)

Last edited:

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I know that this has been asked in another thread but I don't think that it was answered: How do these mounts compare in weight to stockers? It's a little hard to justify $310 for mounts now that the poly inserts are available, but a (slight) weight loss might help.

OP
TurboTechRacing
Thread Starter #3
I know that this has been asked in another thread but I don't think that it was answered: How do these mounts compare in weight to stockers? It's a little hard to justify $310 for mounts now that the poly inserts are available, but a (slight) weight loss might help.
They weigh about 5 lbs each. Poly inserts are "band aids" you still have a non attractive stock mount, factory rubber, and it is only time before they wear out. You pay for what you get.

Other platforms have inserts, real enthusiasts will choose full replacements, as they know they last and do their job. Factory mounts are cast aluminum and are much weaker; you just put more stress on a stock mount when you add a insert, bandaid.

We make our own poly bushings and could easily make inserts, if we belived it was a good solution, but we don't.

OP
TurboTechRacing
Thread Starter #4
Our stock is going fast, many orders have shipped out. We do have a few more in stock though!

OP
TurboTechRacing
Thread Starter #6
Do you guys paint them to order? Or build them to order based on color?
We have them all built up, once a customer orders, we powder coat and assemble them per their request. This is all done in house, so it doesn't take much time at all to get completed and shipped.

Finally installed the set I got 2 years ago, without exaggeration, the car is painful to drive. what is the typical break in period before things settle down?