Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New MAP exhaust, issue with exhaust tips

Bought a new map exhaust from a Canadian vendor, was a month wait due to production. Installed it and the tips look misaligned! (Like it is for a RHD car). Everything else for perfect (hangers etc), but tips seem off and they are welded (see pics). Have messages in with vendor and MAP

Attachments

Last edited:
I mean I think you're totally right unfortunately. o_O

Clearly just flipped around (and honestly it looks more ridiculous than I would've imagined). Have to assume they'll get things sorted out for you. I purchased their intake secondhand from here actually and have been impressed with both it and their support. Was missing some hardware and they happily gave me any specs I needed and offered to point me in the right direction for purchasing options. That really sucks though.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've had the MAP exhaust for years and it's performed well enough. Some drone on rainy days for whatever reason but otherwise sounds great. When I first installed it tho, the mid-pipe they sent was oval, causing some terrible resonance. They worked with me for about a month, sending me 3 different replacement pipes until they found the issue with their production & finally sent me a proper pipe. The point is their support was great! They even offered me a huge discount on their downpipe for my troubles. I gladly accepted (still BNIB in my attic). AND I actually lost all the hardware that came with the DP and they sent me replacements, no questions asked. I'd be surprised if they didn't help you out.

OP
B
Thread Starter #4
Just an update, they confirmed that the tips were reversed and gave me a few options. One was to send in the exhaust and have it rewelded - very inconvenient as I'm from Canada. Ending up getting a new tip shipped to my house and getting a bit of a refund to get it welded on. Might have another hanger rod installed on the front near the DP (MAP only uses 3 hangers). Little inconvenient but happy that I don't have to send it back or put on the old exhaust.

OP
B
Thread Starter #5
Just another update, very start of april was given the refund to get the new tip welded. A new tip was being sent, a month later nothing arrived, tracking data was with my vendor apparently - vendor said no tracking data was given. Emailed map beginning of may, last week, and started a new ticket this week all with no response. Very frustrating! Also, the option to return/refund was offered since it was already installed. Regretting my purchased now that the issue has been so prolonged.

kevinatfms

Just another update, very start of april was given the refund to get the new tip welded. A new tip was being sent, a month later nothing arrived, tracking data was with my vendor apparently - vendor said no tracking data was given. Emailed map beginning of may, last week, and started a new ticket this week all with no response. Very frustrating! Also, the option to return/refund was offered since it was already installed. Regretting my purchased now that the issue has been so prolonged.
Dump it and get another exhaust. Or cut it up, make your own system + tips and enjoy.

OP
B
Thread Starter #7
Dump it and get another exhaust. Or cut it up, make your own system + tips and enjoy.
Would have been much easier thinking back. Was finally able to get a response after sending a back google review, but still a delay in shipping from their exhaust tip supplier, ugh. Atleast the exhaust is usable.

OP
B
Thread Starter #8
Finally resolved, here is a summary:
feb 17, 2022: ordered from gumotorsport.com
mar 17: delivered
mar 27: installed, found the problem, and mentioned to map performance customer service
mar 31: map indicated that resolution had to be setup through original company it was purchased through, so contacted gumotorsport reach out to map
apr 4: map offered a $50 gift certificate to their website, or $100usd credit and new tip, (not allowed to send back since it was installed)
apr 6: agreed to a new tip, received refund from gumotorsport ($100usd)
apr 7: confirmed as shipped by map (expediated), tracking was sent to vendor
apr 29: still no delivery, reached out to vendor for tracking and he said that he only knew the tracking company name and did not have a tracking number, sent email to map - no response,
apr 30 to may 16: could not get a response from the company, tried multiple times.
may 16: posted a scathing google review, finally got a response from Jacob the review manager, he said he would update me asap
may 23: original tip was never shipped! backorder on the tip supplier
jun 1: map asked me to reconsider my review
jul 6: still no exhaust tip, asked for an update, still backordered
jul 20: tips arrived at map
jul 25: tip shipped
aug 30: finally installed, worked out to $107cad labour

Little disappointed that communication totally dropped in april and the initial delivery was never actually sent!
Everyone was dealing with supply chain issues, but it almost took half a year to resolve!
I do appreciate the review manager, Jacob, taking over the issue and giving me a lot of updates on what was happening (although tips were backordered for another 2 months he really kept me informed).
I'm a little disappointed that I have a non-stainless weld on my stainless exhaust. If I could do it over again, I would have just bought a thermal exhaust.

Attachments