Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Member - Looking to Buy Used. Tips?

Hey guys! Longtime VW guy here (as in nothing but since '01). My wife has a MK3 Focus SE and I am looking to buy a used FiST very soon. Any tips for what I should look out for?

I have my eye on a '15 basemodel with about 45k on the clock. I need a reliable vehicle as my commute is 50% canyon roads here in So Cal. Part of what inspired me to look at the FiST is obviously bang for the buck, but also some videos I saw driving around the same canyon roads really sold me on it.

Looking forward to this new endeavor!

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I would stay away from guys who have done their own mods, unless you know the guy in real life.

Any variation from stage 3 to hybrid turbo would be more than fine, if you come across one.

What I would suggest is, don't go for the early 2014's as they did have tranny issues. Keep in mind the 2016's had the different intake system. 2015 is a good year imo, mine has been surprisingly reliable and I drove it very hard at times.

Best of luck, B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Z
Thread Starter #5
I would stay away from guys who have done their own mods, unless you know the guy in real life.

Any variation from stage 3 to hybrid turbo would be more than fine, if you come across one.

What I would suggest is, don't go for the early 2014's as they did have tranny issues. Keep in mind the 2016's had the different intake system. 2015 is a good year imo, mine has been surprisingly reliable and I drove it very hard at times.

Best of luck, B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool! thanks for the input. Luckily the main one I am looking at is a former aquaintence I used to know a bit from VW stuff and the industry. He does good work and takes great care of his cars. Plus, he's an old dude like me.

I will check it out, thanks!

OP
Z
Thread Starter #8
Thanks guys! I test drove a lightly modded ST today and fell in love. Hope to be buying one by the weekend.