Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New member that needs help!

Phippsy27

Hi all!

This is my first car forum so be gentle with me!

I recently purchased a very problematic st180 (2013) and I have a few questions which only true Ford Gurus could answer!

I’m part way through removing a very knocky engine and was wondering can I replace my JTJA engine with a JTJB engine ? There’s only around 6 months difference between the two so my question is,

Will it work on my JA loom and ECU ? And what are the exact differences?

I know the right thing to do would be to replace with like for like. However, they revised the engine for a reason, I may as well take advantage of the development and put the better of the two in (obviously going to be the latter of the two). If there is anybody out there that could help me I would greatly appreciate this!

Regards
Sam

slopoke

You should ask your question on the Facebook Fiesta ST owners page. Most on that page are in the U.K and should be able to help you better, since the car you own is a bit different than the US domestic version. If all else fails, you could call Pumaspeed. They build performance parts for the Fiesta ST and should be able to help out. Good luck

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Can't speak to the UK version so take the following with a grain of salt.

For the US version they supposedly made some minor revisions to the cooling system and head; introduced between 2015 and 2016 year.

I don't believe one would have any engine compatibility issues in the above case.

As mentioned, the right side of the Atlantic likely has a different package.