Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Mishimoto Shift Knobs On The Way

One Vote for direct fit pistol grip For our cars. I know the lockout adapter may not be worth the extra engineering costs but it would be nice as I would the tall shifter in the car for easier shifting on the track.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #22
I think the first knob unique and ninja like. And I think I dig it but I'm not sure. The second design is very cool especially if you offered it in other colors. (IE like the orange on your Ninja handle;))
However, on both I wouldn't be into it without a clean looking reverse lockout solution. I know you make these as universal knobs and not just for us. But of course we care about us. Haha would love to see the pistol installed on your FiST.

Crossing my fingers the final design to come is a T handle![driving]
Thanks for the input J2! Many are on-the-fence about design 1, it is pretty bold but definitely neat in its own way.

The pistol grip setup will be launched in black only, but we could definitely consider alternate colors in the future. Below is a shot of the silver prototype mocked up on our FIST.

A lockout adapter is going to be a necessity with this one. We are definitely going to look into creating our own adapter, I will talk to the team about getting this on the docket.

Thanks!
-John

One Vote for direct fit pistol grip For our cars. I know the lockout adapter may not be worth the extra engineering costs but it would be nice as I would the tall shifter in the car for easier shifting on the track.
Thanks for the input and feedback!

-John

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #24
Sign me up for the samurai sword/bike handle knob! Make a pre sale thread and you have my money [twothumb]
Thanks! Not sure we will be launching a pre-sale for the knobs, but our first batch of units should be hitting shelves very soon. More information coming up!

-John

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #25
Check out our third new shift knob design!

Shifting Nirvana. A Sneak Peek At Mishimoto’s New Shift Knob Designs: Teardrop Shift Knob

We’ve brought you two prototype designs thus far, and now we have one more weighted shift knob ready to pull from our knapsack and present to the public. These three designs are displayed in order from wild to mild, with our third design representing a more traditional shape. Hopefully, one of our new designs is something you could see yourself grabbing ahold of while ripping through some gears.

3D Models

As with our other designs, this life also began as a 3D model. Our Solidworks wizards went to work and quickly transformed an idea from sketches to a rendering. Check it out!

Prototype weighted shift knob rendering

As indicated by the name, the general shape is in the form of a teardrop, which provides a nice ergonomic feel.

Check out the Mishimoto logo laser etched on top!

This knob incorporates a few unique features and different materials. Take a look at a rendered cutaway.

Prototype shift knob cutaway rendering

The inner portion of the knob (silver) is machined 303 stainless steel and includes a threaded base to accept our various shift knob adapters. Each adapter has a different internal thread size/pitch, meaning our knobs will fit most applications. In addition, this knob also features a set screw to function with non-threaded shift rods, such as those found on BMWs. The use of stainless steel gives this knob some heft, weighing in at 294 grams. This is the middleweight contender in our lineup, with the large bike grip handle weighing nearly 500 grams and our pistol grip knob coming in at 200 grams.

The outer black portion of the knob is manufactured from Delrin. This means you won’t melt the skin off your palm on hot summer days, which is quite common with all-metal knobs. Hooray for painless shifting!

Functional Prototype

In a flash, we had our prototype design constructed and in our office for a comprehensive evaluation.

Prototype teardrop shift knob

And a look at the top.

This knob design ended up being an office favorite. The exterior material feels great in your hands, and the added weight should really help with shift feel. We won’t be making any major changes to this design.

Knob Availability

These knobs are coming quick! We expect our first batch to arrive next week. You can get your paws on these very soon.

Thanks for taking a look!
-John

koozy

3000 Post Club
interested in the teardrop, but in white and as long as it works or has a reverse lock out provision. hopefully there'll be some color options.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #29
interested in the teardrop, but in white and as long as it works or has a reverse lock out provision. hopefully there'll be some color options.
Thanks for the interest guys! The Teardrop Knob is definitely a favorite among our employees. Our first batch of units will be offered in both black and white. We are taking recommendations on optional colors for our next batch of knobs. One vote for orange!

I am for the 2nd version. Love the look and will be selling my Cobb Knob once the pistol grip goes on sale.
Thanks! Our plan is to release these by the end of this week. We will update this thread once they are officially available.

-John

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #31
When are we getting info on the sale of these? I want to buy the pistol grip. Take my money
Sorry for the delayed response. We’ve had a busy couple weeks including an office move and SEMA. Our shift knobs have been released, and are currently available for purchase.

http://www.mishimoto.com/mishimoto-accessories-interior-styling.html

Keep in mind the pricing shown is for full MSRP. Our vendors will have the best available pricing on all of our products, including these new shift knobs. Estimated cost through our vendors is shown below.

Rockstar: $80
Teardrop: $100
Pistol Grip: $90

Let me know if you have any questions! Once again, I apologize for the delay.

-John

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #32
Check out the full details of our newly released shift knobs at the link below!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks
-John

I have the rockstar one. The reverse lockout still works because the shift knob leaves about an inch from where you pull up. Its kinda ugly once you notice the gap but it is the only way to keep the lockout function.

TheStig

Yeah im not feeling it either, it looks 100% like a grip for a dirt bike or quad.

Id feel the need to twist it in order to go faster.

Ford Community Posts