Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Owner in Houston

I’ve been dreaming of this car since I watched Motor Trend’s first video of it come out six years ago. The way it performed in the best driver’s car challenge cemented the fact that this was meant to be mine. The joy I feel every time I walk towards this beauty is unreal. I’m so excited to join and participate in the community. Any of you located in or near Houston? Some FiST buddies and meetups would be pretty cool. I’m also hoping to find someone in the area that I can trust to work on it or install mods if needed.

Edit: I forgot to mention it’s a black 2019. Traded in my 2014 Sentra after suffering with no AC for the past two summers. No regrets.

Attachments

OP
nachodaddy
Thread Starter #6
The madness has been real. I’ve been lurking through here and other forums (this one is definitely my favorite) for hours each day since I got the car. I’ve learned so much. I even have a layout for my future mod plans already. You guys and gals are great.

The madness has been real. I’ve been lurking through here and other forums (this one is definitely my favorite) for hours each day since I got the car. I’ve learned so much. I even have a layout for my future mod plans already. You guys and gals are great.
What mods are you planning?

OP
nachodaddy
Thread Starter #8
What mods are you planning?
Honestly, the driver mod is my first priority. It’s been a while since I’ve had a car with a manual transmission, so I’m trying to make sure I get everything right instead of assuming I have it down already. I’m looking into a course at a performance driving school at a track nearby. Regarding actual modifications, I want to focus on handling and drivability first. The RMM and quickshift are priorities followed by traction and torsion bars. I hear they really enhance the handling. I want some Michelin Pilot Sport 4’s once these are through. As for power, I’m thinking I’ll go Cobb Stage 2. A turbo upgrade would be cool, but I don’t know if I’d really need more than the stage 2. It’s already a blast to drive. I’m also interested in weight reduction. Replacing the some panels with their carbon fiber counterparts and loosing a few unnecessary interior details sounds like it could make the car even more lively. :giggle:

OP
nachodaddy
Thread Starter #9
While I’m at it, does anyone have any advice on the suspension? I like how livable the height is in its current state, but I’m wondering if the Mountune springs are worth the one inch drop without sacrificing daily drivability.

OP
nachodaddy
Thread Starter #13
I stayed up last night contemplating mods, and I realized that another option would be to stop at the handling mods. I could then buy a rwd project car to really power upgrade and have some nice frustrating times with and keep the FiST as a fun yet reliable DD.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Honestly I will say its really a little hard not to mod the FiST . Why well because its mod friendly the mods are not as expensive as one thinks and the right mods deliver results.
The power bug is real and can loom especially if you meet others with upgraded turbo’s. Once you get a taste of that its like damn,I want that extra straight line acceleration. In part for I it was because I wanted my car to some straight line power to match the cornering prowess.
I also came to the conclusion that a real LSD was an excellent mod that delivers results in spades. Funny thing is people drop $1500-2k on turbo upgrades and balk at the exact same amount for a turbo upgrade. These two things are the most expensive mods you will see but both are highly worth it.
Suspension mods $500-1k , wheels and tires $400-800. AP another must $350-500.
Those are just examples.

OP
nachodaddy
Thread Starter #16
Honestly I will say its really a little hard not to mod the FiST . Why well because its mod friendly the mods are not as expensive as one thinks and the right mods deliver results.
The power bug is real and can loom especially if you meet others with upgraded turbo’s. Once you get a taste of that its like damn,I want that extra straight line acceleration. In part for I it was because I wanted my car to some straight line power to match the cornering prowess.
I also came to the conclusion that a real LSD was an excellent mod that delivers results in spades. Funny thing is people drop $1500-2k on turbo upgrades and balk at the exact same amount for a turbo upgrade. These two things are the most expensive mods you will see but both are highly worth it.
Suspension mods $500-1k , wheels and tires $400-800. AP another must $350-500.
Those are just examples.
You’re right. I probably won’t be able to hold out on power mods. A hellcat challenger pulled up next to me earlier today, and I definitely felt the need for more power.