Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New pads and rotors today

cxwrench

Got the Wavespec rotors from Ron, replaced the stock pads w/ same. ATE fluid for the bleed. Bedded them w/ a bunch of near stops from 30ish, then let them cool, then a bunch of decels from 50ish. So far so good, similar feel to stock obviously but at this point slightly less initial bite. Bonus: I think they look cool.

OP
cxwrench

cxwrench

Thread Starter #3
very nice!!!!!
enjoy them
I stopped by work today (bike shop, I manage the service dept) and as I pulled up a couple was walking out our roll-up door. The guy commented on the car, then walked up closer and said something along the lines of "Damn, those rotors are cool! Where'd you find them?":cool:

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’ve not seen rotors like that before. What’s the advantage?
Reduced weight and better cooling due to the greater surface area at the edge. I'm not sure how I feel about reducing the weight and swept area of a brake rotor, even though it does look cool. Maybe on a street/autocross only car...