Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW Peron G-Series (G25-550) Turbo Kit NOW Available.....at whoosh motorsports

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sweet Mary mother of god...I knew this was coming down the pipeline....this was quicker than expected! Makes me rethink my whole setup I now have complete and ready to install!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

NEW NEW
So new it's not on the Peron site
This kit is literally just released and we have a few kits enroute to Vegas!
....It has begun.

Looks like people are going to have to start building their engines again now that big power is on the table. This turbo will start push the limits of what this platform is ultimately capable of. With a turbo that size, you'd spool at what...4k rpm? This would be able to push the upper limit of what Methanol, E30, and pump gas is physically capable of in a 1.6L engine. I foresee nearly ~500 HP with exotic fueling...or maybe instead a very much raised 8,000+ RPM redline with a built motor.

Maxed out on this turbo, either the 1.6 will be making too much torque per liter and have to go to higher octane fuel, or the redline will have to be extended to make that ultimate power. Seems feasible with new rods, pistons, headstuds, and a bearing set. Maybe Formula Ford 1.6 bearings? Anyone know what Deadhook used to use for bearings? A turbo this size could beat Deadhook's old record now that we have options from Cobb to raise the redline.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
can you feel it??????
soon..................................

Any updates on the "sports cat downpipe solution that will be available in March."? Thanks.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
Any updates on the "sports cat downpipe solution that will be available in March."? Thanks.
although not in stock here in the US, any Peron kit we sell can be ordered with a sport cat option. It will be a custom order and will take about a week to receive. Pricing and logistics can be handled through email or PM. Hope that helps.

Update this as often as you can!!

Can't believe the G-Series is already coming out as a kit for our FiSTs [phonecall]

I currently have their GTX2860r full turbo kit with the sports cat downpipe option.. If you guys have any questions regarding their Quality/whatever just ask. I'm really happy with it :)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #12
Update this as often as you can!!

Can't believe the G-Series is already coming out as a kit for our FiSTs [phonecall]

I currently have their GTX2860r full turbo kit with the sports cat downpipe option.. If you guys have any questions regarding their Quality/whatever just ask. I'm really happy with it :)
These kits are in stock

What is the purpose of the second exit on the manifold? I suppose it's plugging into their downpipe (as there seems to be two input), but it seems to be a bypass of the turbo... which I don't understand the point. And it means that this manifold can only be used with their downpipe right?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #15
What is the purpose of the second exit on the manifold? I suppose it's plugging into their downpipe (as there seems to be two input), but it seems to be a bypass of the turbo... which I don't understand the point. And it means that this manifold can only be used with their downpipe right?
it's the mount for the external Turbosmart wastegate which then also connects to the 3.5" downpipe that's part of this kit
it is sort of a bypass as it controls boost pressure

I'll have to take some more pictures of the kit assembled to give you a better idea of how it works / looks

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #16
this picture gives you an idea of the manifold routing. The kit pictured is of the Peron STG4 GTX 2860R kit we also offer but in all honesty the routing and assembled design is very close when installed on the car.

Im really excited to see the results of this kit. The fly in the ointment (for now) is that we don't have options for built blocks that could unlock this kit to its full potential.

sounds like its a bolt on hand grenade, although a nice looking one.
Hah I like how you put that. Realistically though you'd have to tune to a cap....say 375 ish to stay safe. I would be willing to pay stupid amounts for a drop in 1.6 that could take 600 reliably