Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Product! 1.6 Ecoboost Cylinder Support System

Trader history for pwnall1337 (0)

pwnall1337

Vendor
Proud to announce our new partnership with CNCwerx to introduce our new 1.6 ecoboost block with the cylinder support system. The CSS system has been used and proven over and over for years to strengthen open deck blocks. A b16 honda motor has gone over 600whp with this system and still going strong!

Our own block for our project car has been ordered and I'll have pictures of the product soon.

http://pwnallperformance.com/new-1-...ith-cylinder-support-system-from-cncwerx.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for push your Fiesta ST past the 500whp mark? Look no further, the cylinder support system from CNCwerx is exactly what you need!

Street Cars - Race Cars - Drag Racing - Road Racing
Simply the BEST way to protect your High Horse Power block from cracking!!! The Cylinder Support System is a proven method of strengthening open deck engine blocks while maintaining OEM integrity. It prevents cylinder cracking, walking, and bell mouthing. Unlike traditional aftermarket cast iron sleeves, the support ring is made from aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum.

This material will actually pull post combustion heat away from the chamber, decreasing intake charge temps, unlike thick cast iron which tends to heat soak because of poor heat transfer properties.

No Sinking - No Leaking - No Mainline Distortion - No Overheating
The Cylinder Support System process is NOT to be confused with the industry known “blockguard.” Why? Because it does not rely on the loose tolerance and taper(draft angle) of the factory casting. The Cylinder Support System process involves precisely machining the water passage, to accept our precision machined billet 6061 support rings. Our precision fit gives equal support pressure around the cylinders from the top of the support ring to the bottom of the support ring. Even the most finely filed/sanded blockguards cannot compete with the precision of our high quality CNC milling machines.

Strength – Quality - Proven Results – On-time Delivery - Low Cost

What's Included?

• New 1.6 ecoboost block from ford
  • CNCwerx proven cylinder support system

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
Two questions:

What about the rods and pistons?

Also, how do you know a Fiesta ST needs this when none have been close to 500whp?

I’m sorry man, but you’re way ahead of the gun here. Back up, offer rods, pistons and a built head first. No one has any reason to go anywhere near this yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #3
Two questions:

What about the rods and pistons?

Also, how do you know a Fiesta ST needs this when none have been close to 500whp?

I’m sorry man, but you’re way ahead of the gun here. Back up, offer rods, pistons and a built head first. No one has any reason to go anywhere near this yet.

We're using the following on our new engine build:

Piper Stage 3 camshafts (ordered) (Fitted with mild porting from kotzur racing heads in san antonio, tx)
1.6 CSS block with a new fiesta st block (ordered)
2618 custom forged 11:1 CR pistons (pending order)
K1 rods
ARP head studs
OEM gasket kit

Once we receive the block we will begin assembling the short block with a new OEM crankshaft so we can swap it out with out waiting.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
We're using the following on our new engine build:

Piper Stage 3 camshafts (ordered) (Fitted with mild porting from kotzur racing heads in san antonio, tx)
1.6 CSS block with a new fiesta st block (ordered)
2618 custom forged 11:1 CR pistons (pending order)
K1 rods
ARP head studs
OEM gasket kit

Once we receive the block we will begin assembling the short block with a new OEM crankshaft so we can swap it out with out waiting.
I’m asking why should anyone purchase this product when the need or usefulness hasn’t been established on this platform? I’m legit curious because it seems a lot like putting the horse before the cart, or just straight up overkill.

Get us some race bearings done. That’s another step that really needs to be looked at too...before a CSS.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #5
I’m asking why should anyone purchase this product when the need or usefulness hasn’t been established on this platform? I’m legit curious because it seems a lot like putting the horse before the cart, or just straight up overkill.

Get us some race bearings done. That’s another step that really needs to be looked at too...before a CSS.

King isn't interested in producing race bearings, but they do produce upper tri metal bearings. He told me to order 2 sets and take the tri metal from both sets and said while it's not as strong as the race series, it's a lot tougher than stock. I don't have the power to force companies to bend at my will and spend tons of money on R&D for a low volume item.

I carry both of the following if you need bearings:

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-16-Ecoboost-King-Big-End-Rod-Bearings_17331.jsp
http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Formula-Ford-Engine-Bearing-Set_16755.jsp

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
King isn't interested in producing race bearings, but they do produce upper tri metal bearings. He told me to order 2 sets and take the tri metal from both sets and said while it's not as strong as the race series, it's a lot tougher than stock. I don't have the power to force companies to bend at my will and spend tons of money on R&D for a low volume item.

I carry both of the following if you need bearings:

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-16-Ecoboost-King-Big-End-Rod-Bearings_17331.jsp
http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Formula-Ford-Engine-Bearing-Set_16755.jsp
You’re not trying hard enough.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club

+1 to everything this man has said.

No one has even pushed the block to the point of having an issue yet, let alone to to point of needing this kit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I found this on FiST's of Fury facebook page. Not sure of the cause but pistons look good themselves.. I have experience with CSS on Honda's and i don't know if fiesta's need it , but it's a great product nonetheless.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club

I found this on FiST's of Fury facebook page. Not sure of the cause but pistons look good themselves.. I have experience with CSS on Honda's and i don't know if fiesta's need it , but it's a great product nonetheless.
I’m curious as to how you found this picture without an explanation... That is my old block. To make a long story short it was done on purpose back in summer 2016. The cylinder walls became deformed due to extreme amount of heat which was the result of poor fuel distribution. I was at a 3-day 1/2 mile drag race with DHM and it took 3-4 kill tunes and runs in the last hours to get the results you’re seeing. It was well north of 430whp, knock sensors disabled, 36psi...everything plus the kitchen table was thrown at it.

Do not linger on the power. As I’ve said, this ultimately came down to poor fuel distribution from the single port Strat aux fuel. With my built block I went out to a 1/2 mile race (at 430whp, but with safeties in place) and nothing happened to the cylinder walls.

Finally, piston three was literally melted.

Thanks for sharing the details. As I mentioned , someone on the Facebook page posted this picture . ( On accounts that he was building a new motor and the old one went out ) . It's good to know how hard you tried to get the stock block to this condition . Were there any other "failed" parts along with the piston ? ( even though heat was the biggest factor ) You mentioned bearings , has that ever been an issue for you? I actually was contemplating between the two fueling systems, Xtra did seem sketchy to me since I do have some experience with nitrous and know the TB fed stuff can be sketchy. But stratified does a good job marketing it and manifold design seemed yielding. As I gather my last few pieces to be ready for big turbo , you seem like one of the best sources to extend my research with your experience, cheers!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
Thanks for sharing the details. As I mentioned , someone on the Facebook page posted this picture . ( On accounts that he was building a new motor and the old one went out ) . It's good to know how hard you tried to get the stock block to this condition . Were there any other "failed" parts along with the piston ? ( even though heat was the biggest factor ) You mentioned bearings , has that ever been an issue for you? I actually was contemplating between the two fueling systems, Xtra did seem sketchy to me since I do have some experience with nitrous and know the TB fed stuff can be sketchy. But stratified does a good job marketing it and manifold design seemed yielding. As I gather my last few pieces to be ready for big turbo , you seem like one of the best sources to extend my research with your experience, cheers!

Everything other than the piston and block were fine. On my stock engine the bearings were fine. My built engine spun a bearing and it seems like the OEM ones may potentially be weak sauce... Anyway, I would definitely suggest port fueling instead of the throttle body system. It’s just hard to go wrong there.

It sounds like that could be my post on Facebook, but that would be really old. I’m Isaac.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #12
I’m curious as to how you found this picture without an explanation... That is my old block. To make a long story short it was done on purpose back in summer 2016. The cylinder walls became deformed due to extreme amount of heat which was the result of poor fuel distribution. I was at a 3-day 1/2 mile drag race with DHM and it took 3-4 kill tunes and runs in the last hours to get the results you’re seeing. It was well north of 430whp, knock sensors disabled, 36psi...everything plus the kitchen table was thrown at it.

Do not linger on the power. As I’ve said, this ultimately came down to poor fuel distribution from the single port Strat aux fuel. With my built block I went out to a 1/2 mile race (at 430whp, but with safeties in place) and nothing happened to the cylinder walls.

I don't think that was your picture unless you guys took very similar pictures. This was posted a few days ago when Dalton lost his motor.

The UK guys don't run any kind of port injection and they still have the deck movement which warranted the pumaspeed block mod kit (pics and details on link)

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Pumaspeed-Fiesta-ST-Block-Mod-Kit_17396.jsp

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
I don't think that was your picture unless you guys took very similar pictures. This was posted a few days ago when Dalton lost his motor.

The UK guys don't run any kind of port injection and they still have the deck movement which warranted the pumaspeed block mod kit (pics and details on link)

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Pumaspeed-Fiesta-ST-Block-Mod-Kit_17396.jsp

Holy balls! I don’t have my full picture, but here’s one of my block

I had to really zoom in to tell the difference. I stand corrected. Interesting, though, because my built block is fine.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #14

When you're ready I sell both the stratified 4 port and pumaspeed turbo manifold. http://pwnallperformance.com/stratified-x4tra-fuel-system-ecoboost-1-6l.html

In addition both Dalton and myself are the first to purchase the CSS block and both our orders have been placed. It seems like when pushing past 400 the deck starts to deform over time. Open deck blocks tend to have cylinder movement under high cylinder pressures. A 550 bhp 2.3 is 239 hp /cyl where as a 450 bhp 1.6 is 289hp /cyl The focus st guys just get lucky because they have a closed deck block.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #15
Holy balls! I don’t have my full picture, but here’s one of my block

I had to really zoom in to tell the difference. I stand corrected. Interesting, though, because my built block is fine.

The pumaspeed deck mod may have helped with that, however the CSS kit is more of a full solution, first the ovaling on the deck, but next could be a crack in the wall.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
The pumaspeed deck mod may have helped with that, however the CSS kit is more of a full solution, first the ovaling on the deck, but next could be a crack in the wall.
Well, I think it’s interesting because you’re telling us that this is something that needs to be done at 400+ (well, at first it was 500+) but you don’t have the evidence to support that.

My first block went well over 400, and we had this issue because it literally melted.

My built block is fine and it was at 430whp/385wtq.

Rick daily’d at 400whp and his engine is fine. It’s now in Chase’s possession.

We can step down and look at all the other DHM/big turbo cars making 380whp+ and they’ve been daily’d and driven hard but none have failed yet to this issue.

But Dalton comes along in a 2017 and suddenly this is a necessity now?

This whole situation is inconclusive at best, and you’re trying to profit off of that. In the future, once people regularly get beyond the various barriers which halts progression past 420-430whp, you may be right.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account

This is interesting but your statement above is not accurate
There are certainly UK companies using port fuel kits
Peron is one example that has made 381whp with a 4 port aux fuel kit and no block modifications of any kind just FYI

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #18
Yeah I just woke up, but I was referring to mostly hybrid kits. I haven't come across any UK fiesta guys running port injection personally in the fiesta groups or forums, but the deck oval'd on 2 fists here in the USA that were making bigger power and pumaspeed had a product to address the issue, so who knows how many UK guys have had deck issues.

A7xogg

A weak point in the block will eventually come around even if we passed it and l is well with most other cars

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
Yeah I just woke up, but I was referring to mostly hybrid kits. I haven't come across any UK fiesta guys running port injection personally in the fiesta groups or forums, but the deck oval'd on 2 fists here in the USA that were making bigger power and pumaspeed had a product to address the issue, so who knows how many UK guys have had deck issues.
How much power was Dalton making? What was his AFR when the wall failed?

When my engine was taken apart, the area and the piston head had melted from heat due to very lean AFR which was the result of poor fuel distribution. If you’re trying to include my block as one of those two, forget about it. Maybe I can find all the pictures from the inspection, but maybe I can’t... Either way, it wasn’t a fatigue/power issue on my block. And probably not Dalton’s either...