Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Product! 1.6 Ecoboost Cylinder Support System

Trader history for pwnall1337 (0)

How much power was Dalton making? What was his AFR when the wall failed?

When my engine was taken apart, the area and the piston head had melted from heat due to very lean AFR which was the result of poor fuel distribution. If you’re trying to include my block as one of those two, forget about it. Maybe I can find all the pictures from the inspection, but maybe I can’t... Either way, it wasn’t a fatigue/power issue on my block. And probably not Dalton’s either...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dalton said his last Vdyno showed 320ish on 93 at 29psi, so the AFR had to be jacked. It lasted less than a week on that revision. And Rick's old motor is done, Chase lost it last week.

I found this on FiST's of Fury facebook page. Not sure of the cause but pistons look good themselves.. I have experience with CSS on Honda's and i don't know if fiesta's need it , but it's a great product nonetheless.
Actually Pumaspeed makes shim to go in between the cylinders walls to help with cylinder flex when you get to that point of pushing the block to its limits... Its about $100 shipped I would go that route Just my opinion

Actually Pumaspeed makes shim to go in between the cylinders walls to help with cylinder flex when you get to that point of pushing the block to its limits... Its about $100 shipped I would go that route Just my opinion
Disregard I should have read the whole post, I see where this was mentioned all ready..

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #24
Disregard I should have read the whole post, I see where this was mentioned all ready..
I sell the pumaspeed block mod kit which is great to help support the deck, however as you approach 500 and higher you'll want to lean more towards the CSS system. The CSS process is only $395. The Other $500 is the new block and price of shipping the new block. The block is cheap insurance. You can also send in your own block and pay $395 + shipping, however your current block will need machining anyways and between shipping its more cost effective to CSS a new block.

I had this CSS developed for my personal car, but decided to add it to my product line up.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
Dalton said his last Vdyno showed 320ish on 93 at 29psi, so the AFR had to be jacked. It lasted less than a week on that revision. And Rick's old motor is done, Chase lost it last week.
I’m 99.99% certain that wasn’t Rick’s engine. Unless I was mistaken, I’m pretty sure he put in a different engine. He had Ricks on standby. But, I could have it backwards.

I’m 99.99% certain that wasn’t Rick’s engine. Unless I was mistaken, I’m pretty sure he put in a different engine. He had Ricks on standby. But, I could have it backwards.

That was Rick's, he installed it first because it came with a stage three clutch. His next one is a 2k mile 1.6 out of an escape, I bought one from the same place he sourced it from.

I've always been a person that wants to do things right and the best way , the first time. The shims although may do the work , seems like a bandaid to the problem as opposed to css strengthening. Those slits actually serve a purpose and are left open in CSS process. Not only that, but CSS also will keep the cylinders in shape all around . And even strengthen the outer block. After seeing 800+hp civics with stock sleeves gotta be honest I'm a true believer of this system. And although I aim around 350-400whp , i will definitely get this done if I ever go crazy and wanna take it up a notch, along with a full build ofc.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Everything other than the piston and block were fine. On my stock engine the bearings were fine. My built engine spun a bearing and it seems like the OEM ones may potentially be weak sauce... Anyway, I would definitely suggest port fueling instead of the throttle body system. It’s just hard to go wrong there.

It sounds like that could be my post on Facebook, but that would be really old. I’m Isaac.

Definitely will go port fueling "x4tra", especially after your experience . King bearings at pumaspeed seem like a good bet , although they do have the ones used on the formula car for nearly 4x the cost .?! Which bearings did you end up going with ?

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #29
Definitely will go port fueling "x4tra", especially after your experience . King bearings at pumaspeed seem like a good bet , although they do have the ones used on the formula car for nearly 4x the cost .?! Which bearings did you end up going with ?

I sell the 4 port kits, but in regards to the rod bearing issue. King told me to order 2 sets and take the tri metal bearings from both sets for the upper/lower. For main bearing, you'll have to use OEM. I'm still trying to solve this problem and am making some phone calls.

I sell the 4 port kits, but in regards to the rod bearing issue. King told me to order 2 sets and take the tri metal bearings from both sets for the upper/lower. For main bearing, you'll have to use OEM. I'm still trying to solve this problem and am making some phone calls.
Thanks for the info! I'll definitely let you know once i'm ready , for the hookups ( i kid :p ) I mean i wouldn't mind a lil sponsoring and/or spreading the word ^.^. Not too many parts listed at the site (for fiesta at least) but definitely some rare ones i've never seen or only heard of. Bosch injectors also seem like an option since I'm planning to stay under 400 wheel. Since you carry a lot of puma parts can you get the Dominator kit? Seems like the highest quality kit out there since DHM is out the door.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #31
Thanks for sharing the details. As I mentioned , someone on the Facebook page posted this picture . ( On accounts that he was building a new motor and the old one went out ) . It's good to know how hard you tried to get the stock block to this condition . Were there any other "failed" parts along with the piston ? ( even though heat was the biggest factor ) You mentioned bearings , has that ever been an issue for you? I actually was contemplating between the two fueling systems, Xtra did seem sketchy to me since I do have some experience with nitrous and know the TB fed stuff can be sketchy. But stratified does a good job marketing it and manifold design seemed yielding. As I gather my last few pieces to be ready for big turbo , you seem like one of the best sources to extend my research with your experience, cheers!

I'm still updating the site, all inventory has to be hand entered, but I carry over 100 brands, just reach out on facebook or by email if you need something that isn't listed.